Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th May 2020, 16:45   #21
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I never realised that reporters and photographers were classed as key staff, but none of them seem to have be prosecuted or castigated for lack of social distancing when chasing politicians around the country.

Look how close they all were when swarming around Dominic Cummings when trying to question him whilst he was loading his car.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 17:08   #22
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I never realised that reporters and photographers were classed as key staff, but none of them seem to have be prosecuted or castigated for lack of social distancing when chasing politicians around the country.

Look how close they all were when swarming around Dominic Cummings when trying to question him whilst he was loading his car.
Of course they are key workers Steve, I wonder if you programme a new key to a Rover 75 V8 tourer.........does that make you a key worker ?

Bored of it all now Cummings should be sacked, and his driving licence taken away due to driving with uncorrected poor vision.

They should fire the people hovering around him looking for a scoop too, and the BBC "luvvies" need to be investigated as to their impartiality, and whipping up sensationalist claptrap.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 13:58   #23
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Of course they are key workers Steve, I wonder if you programme a new key to a Rover 75 V8 tourer.........does that make you a key worker ?

Bored of it all now Cummings should be sacked, and his driving licence taken away due to driving with uncorrected poor vision.

They should fire the people hovering around him looking for a scoop too, and the BBC "luvvies" need to be investigated as to their impartiality, and whipping up sensationalist claptrap.

Brian
Not sure about Cummings??? but I would go along with all the rest!!!
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 14:43   #24
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRWMGTF View Post
Not sure about Cummings??? but I would go along with all the rest!!!

He needs sacking if he thinks it’s correct to get behind the wheel while questioning himself if he’s safe to drive?

Would he claim diplomatic immunity like that American woman if he wiped some poor innocent person out?

It beggars belief that he has been caught flouting the rules, and has the backing of his boss, rules for them and rules for us should be the Tory parties slogan.
Old 27th May 2020, 16:13   #25
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I really don't care about the Cummings and goings of the man, but I do think that the press/media are totally to blame for the fact that they can spend the majority of the news broadcasts for days about this and not a word about the hundreds of people still suffering due to the virus. Oh and just to add evidence to his journey, we had a journalist on the motorway highlighting the route and road signs; obviously a need to do that.

Also, why we have to have thirty odd minutes of Sturgeon person bleating on about not going along with what the Prime Minister has decided, and only a couple of minutes from the man. I do not now watch the television news, but check the websites for updates.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 16:27   #26
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I really don't care about the Cummings and goings of the man, but I do think that the press/media are totally to blame for the fact that they can spend the majority of the news broadcasts for days about this and not a word about the hundreds of people still suffering due to the virus. Oh and just to add evidence to his journey, we had a journalist on the motorway highlighting the route and road signs; obviously a need to do that.

Also, why we have to have thirty odd minutes of Sturgeon person bleating on about not going along with what the Prime Minister has decided, and only a couple of minutes from the man. I do not now watch the television news, but check the websites for updates.
Fred, I turn over as soon as the BBC news comes on the box now, as I'm so sick and tired of listening to the constant drivel we are being served up with.

And as to the thin lipped one from north of the border, it wouldn't matter if they had found a cure, she would cut off her nose to spite her face, as she is a representative of the one trick pony party, with only one objective

The only view I have on this matter is a simple one, Cummings needs to be ditched, I've no idea what hold he has over the PM, but setting an example as poor as he did without any sign of contrition is damaging in the extreme.

All of the major parties should for the moment put aside their political differences and work together to resolve this crisis as soon as possible, forget about point scoring, and form a cohesive strategy.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 16:45   #27
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

At last, someone with some sense. Thannk you Brian, I'm pleased it's not just our household that thinks the same.
Old 27th May 2020, 16:55   #28
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

"I turn over as soon as the BBC news comes on the box now, as I'm so sick and tired of listening to the constant drivel we are being served up with."

Oh so true Bri

Last edited by Ian G; 27th May 2020 at 17:26..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 22:32   #29
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Same on all channels I think Ian, although c4 isn’t quite as biased
Old 28th May 2020, 21:44   #30
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
This sign I've just spotted in someone's front window while walking the dog sums up the feeling perfectly..................

Never in my life thought it wouldn't be possible to take a stroll along the beach on such a beautiful day, and feel so sad.
Yes. Up until he asked the PM whether there was ever an important reason to visit the pub, l had considered Robert Peston a serious journalist.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote