Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th October 2007, 09:07   #1
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Default Rover 75 Tourer LHD new facelift info request

:lol:
Hello from Rome.
I've just recently purchased a 2004 CDTi tourer Connoisseur in stunnig condition with 17K Kilometers (so appr. 11K miles) on the clock.
Apart from the whine noise, an IOVOX unit with some "know problems" (which I've installed because the car was sold to me without radio) both well documented in this forum, the car seems to be fine
After seeing here and there cars and spares expecially on e-bay I have some question which needs Your attention and may be useful to other LHD owners and tourer in general:
Providing that my car numer is the "magic" 333330

- 1: I wonder if the these cars have been supplied with wiper blades with a spoiler one on the driver side. If so, original MG-Rover spares sold in England are for RHD cars only or could be fixed as well on LHD cars?

-2: It seems that the IOVOX poor unit has been replaced by the VDO ones; any information of when (i.e from what car numeber) this happened? Can I swap directly my IOVOX with a VDO one, providing that these are better that an IOVOX unit?

- 3: Rear light clusters on new tourer cars are the same of the pre-facelift ones?
Thank You for any advice / suggestions
CG
Old 10th October 2007, 11:29   #2
Spôôk
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Conn. SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilas66 View Post
:lol:
Hello from Rome.
I've just recently purchased a 2004 CDTi tourer Connoisseur in stunnig condition with 17K Kilometers (so appr. 11K miles) on the clock.
Apart from the whine noise, an IOVOX unit with some "know problems" (which I've installed because the car was sold to me without radio) both well documented in this forum, the car seems to be fine
After seeing here and there cars and spares expecially on e-bay I have some question which needs Your attention and may be useful to other LHD owners and tourer in general:
Providing that my car numer is the "magic" 333330

- 1: I wonder if the these cars have been supplied with wiper blades with a spoiler one on the driver side. If so, original MG-Rover spares sold in England are for RHD cars only or could be fixed as well on LHD cars?

-2: It seems that the IOVOX poor unit has been replaced by the VDO ones; any information of when (i.e from what car numeber) this happened? Can I swap directly my IOVOX with a VDO one, providing that these are better that an IOVOX unit?

- 3: Rear light clusters on new tourer cars are the same of the pre-facelift ones?
Thank You for any advice / suggestions
CG
Hello Rome, and welcome.

Maybe you will find this link useful. It is a complete spares catalogue with illustrations. It is in russian, but the link provides a fairly good translation.
http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=...u/epc/r/122520

"Denmark"
Old 10th October 2007, 21:12   #3
Moonstone
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

The old wiper blade on my car looked as if it would fit either way. The parts site in the previous post only lists one type (for each side).

Rimmer's parts catalogue lists only one type of rear light for each model (Saloon/Tourer, ZT-ZTT).
Moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 06:45   #4
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Thank You for interest. Both informations very useful.
CG