Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st March 2020, 09:24   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Time for an upgrade or something different?

As the Tomcat coupe has now been sold the 75 for the moment is my daily driver for work. The highline unit is quite an old system now and the auto changer only works sometimes, there’s no SatNav drive fitted at the moment due to an intermittent leak on the drivers rear quarter that’s proving difficult to find. As it’s being used more (but not at the moment) it’s maybe time to sort this out due to boredom. I’m looking at three options

Refit the Standard satnav drive and get rid of the brown screen and replace the autochanger

Fit the awesome Alpine DVA 9861ri headunit that was in the coupe, this has an Alpine TME 580 widescreen monitor which may me harder to integrate into the dash facia, are original fascia adapters still available?

Fit something else? I have an old GPS iPad doing nothing. Does Julian still do kits?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 09:40   #2
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I'd ditch the old kit and either keep it if you think you'll refit to "original" or sell it on. I've recently bought a Xtrons unit from Julian (Jubbarelly) which is great.

Don't know if the Alpine can/will fit.

How about getting in touch with him - he was great with a couple of queries I had?

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 31st March 2020 at 09:43..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 15:37   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

I absolutely love the Alpine unit and having the highline kit I have iso connectors, biggest issue is fitting the additional monitor neatly. I might have a play tomorrow with the auto changer and nav unit before speaking to Julian

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 1st April 2020, 09:44   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I reckon the Alpine unit will be better IF you can get it to fit nicely.

Andy
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 20:41   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Does the Alpine unit have dab Mark? I don't think I could go back now having experienced the quality.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 20:49   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Does the Alpine unit have dab Mark? I don't think I could go back now having experienced the quality.
The aftermarket Alpine unit I have doesn’t, but neither does the standard highline setup. I think I’m going to put all the Alpine kit into the mini now so that’s one option out of the equation