Old 2nd February 2019, 20:09   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Phew! - glad I won’t be in your Doom and Gloom shelter......😁
Not worried, it will have a fully operational methane powered air filtration system, for the days I dont eat beans I will just use the bulls*** that abounds over the forthcoming.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 2nd February 2019, 20:13   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Not worried, it will have a fully operational methane powered air filtration system, for the days I dont eat beans I will just use the bulls*** that abounds over the forthcoming.
You will be able to create your own warhead with that stash!!
Old 2nd February 2019, 20:18   #13
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Priceless!.....😁😁😁😁😁
Old 2nd February 2019, 20:19   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
You will be able to create your own warhead with that stash!!
Now I REALLY don’t like the sound of that.......
Old 3rd February 2019, 08:05   #15
mbev51
Banned

Removed

When I started this post it was breaking news on reuters with no indication of the reasons behind the decision. Whatever the reasons, it is very bad news for my home town, without access to traffic free frictionless EU market, Nissan's presence will shrink over the next few years. Where Nissan goes the others will follow, we need to be prepared for bad news from Toyota, Honda ... My friends son luckily left Toyota recently because of their statements about moving production to elsewhere in the EU.
Old 3rd February 2019, 08:37   #16
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
When I started this post it was breaking news on reuters with no indication of the reasons behind the decision.
Come on, you know full well why you started this topic. Pretending otherwise is just silly, people on here aren't daft.

Just be honest, you want to talk about the topic that isn't allowed on here.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:58   #17
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
When I started this post it was breaking news on reuters with no indication of the reasons behind the decision. Whatever the reasons, it is very bad news for my home town, without access to traffic free frictionless EU market, Nissan's presence will shrink over the next few years. Where Nissan goes the others will follow, we need to be prepared for bad news from Toyota, Honda ... My friends son luckily left Toyota recently because of their statements about moving production to elsewhere in the EU.
Renault own Nissan, just as the Peugeot took over the Vauxhall via the Opel group, French companies with their 'foot in the door' of the UK should issues arise over import duties for car production. They are not going anywhere for now at least.

The import duties into the EU were the reason Honda and Toyota came in the first place. They may indeed scale back production, but I do not believe they will abandon a popular market. So as Honda and Toyota shrink, Nissan will increase production as Renaults will be produced there too. Their cars will be cheaper and even more popular than they already are.

Then you have BMW at Cowley...........................

You seem to do this every few weeks, by throwing up a Daily Mail style headline. Stop becoming so hysterical and panicked about it. It is not permitted as you are aware. As mentioned there are other places to discuss it.

The UK survived before EU, and even before the EC and EEC. You could always look at it from this point of view, 'necessity is the mother of invention'. You may even begin to see new business flourish due to import duties, maybe even car manufacturing increase as other manufacturers build plants in the UK to save duty as Honda and Toyota did in the 80's. Unfortunately I do not think this will happen, at least at first, as the EU will still retain too much control of the movement of goods. By the time period (I call it the decree nisi) has elapsed, you will have found the EU will cease to exist in its current form as the rest of the countries will have abandoned it, as they will have been getting nothing from it, rather supporting smaller countries - just have to look at Ireland for the abandonment of investment.

The more people who panic at the headlines, the more issues there will be with everyday life. The cause of the problem will be the individual and not the actual situation. (eg panic buying). I cannot do a terrible lot about it to prevent what has happened, the people spoke, but I am sure as hell not going to panic about it.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 3rd February 2019, 14:58   #18
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In most cases, like 99%, the business of overseas companies' establishing in UK is two fold. Access to continental markets at tariff free rates and huge government subsidies and various tax advantages coupled with favourable ongoing support, sometimes cleverly disguised, from departments of trade.

Over and above all of that, the overriding factor is worldwide market trends. Anybody who ever had any experience of marketing mass consumables and hardware would be out of a job and bankrupt by ignoring those factors. The pretence of innocence and bland assertion is the sucker-born-every-minute mentality.
Old 3rd February 2019, 15:31   #19
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Just listened to the news on both bbc and sky, the reasons given for Nissan's decision wasn't purely about diesel sales, the word 'uncertainty' cropped up.
Old 3rd February 2019, 15:47   #20
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Sales force meeting last week, after a slow start to year (as usual in January) the boss is looking for a strategy for coming year, and is looking for some initiatives.

Here’s a great idea says No.1 salesperson. I know how we can raise the profile of our slow selling product and getting advertising in the UK press and national TV coverage for free

Enter the story of Wallls Magnum & Ben & Jerry’s ice cream shortage come to mind.
I couldn’t believe I was hearing that as the main headline in the news last week.

What will it will be this week coming, Cornflakes, milk tray, more car industry woes?

It’s not as if we have given a damm about our engineering prowess in the last 30 years have we, so why are we’ll all concerned now?

Sounds all bit much like CJ and Reggie in the background for me..........

Last edited by Lovel; 3rd February 2019 at 15:50..
Closed Thread