Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th November 2006, 16:09   #1
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

Exclamation Check drivers side headlight loom - design fault!

posted something on .org a while ago after front sidelight failure on 2002 car... and it wasn't the bulb. Subman posted that he had had same, with loss of the headlamp adjustment, and that 2 wires had chafed through.
I stripped bumper off and indeed, the up-pointing body seam on the horizontal, front facing member just under the headlight has no rubber protection on the drivers side whilst it does on the other... my red/orange sidelight had completely severed and the thicker blue/black motor wire was shorting onto the body seam. The problem is compounded when the bumper is taken off/headlight out and not put back carefully. One needs to move the loom into a place where it isnt crushed against this body seam. I've put rubber tubing, split open along one side, along the entire seam after fixing the wires and retaping the loom.
Remember to check this next time you're doing your cooling fan!
(p.s. The guidance notes about removing the bumper are great - but you really DO need to protect the wings against scratching them.. it's not just written there for 'other people'...!)
Closed Thread