Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th April 2014, 10:45   #771
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

I only attended POL unlike many others & was amazed by the humungous queue on Lowhill Lane! and the many other longbridge marques parked at side of the road not sure our site was as good as last year in a way we were more ordered then or was it just my imagination ? It was great to meet old friends and make some new ones including thomas 75 and his dad plus richard RPWC & Duotone who isnspired me to make Woof a two tone after seeing his original car on the forum, Yeti kept me amused as always with his little stories about 75's sorry you lost yout badge on way up.

Being parked next to GateKeepers V6 S reg press car did give Woof some extra attention, but nothing in comparison to the attention LJW got and well deserved after all the effort & money that Phil has invested to keep this great car on the road.
Had a nice chat with Reebs who seemed to have decided to try to speak to everyone on site !!. Didnt get to speak to Ronnie Suzublue but he was right those trees did come in very handy during the cold snap.

Im sorry I didnt take more pics or get around the other groups but good intentions oft go astray dont they.

I hope the rumour one member mentioned that ALF will not be putting POL on next year because of all the hassle proves to be unfounded as the turnout both in the park and on roads outside show how important the meet has become to those who are privileged to own one the the vehicles
produced at Longbridge and Cowley over last 70 years.

Thanks to all those who worked so hard & long to make POL so good for us all please please continue to do so so we may all celebrate those wonderful cars for many years to come
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 11:23   #772
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Mike, perhaps the cold also played havoc with your memory too we did indeed meet & chat, twice once when Phil & yourself came down to where my car was, & Phil introduced you to me, & again, later in the day, when Stu (Fusilier) & I were passing by your car, & we asked if your car was Dave's (Duotone) old car, & you explained how you did the colour yourself Either way, it was good to meet new faces all over, & had a great weekend.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 11:30   #773
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

God ur right !! so sorry I talked to many people about phils car I lopst track, but of course I remember you asking about woof, I think it was one of those elder moments as they tactfully put it these days
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 11:32   #774
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Was nice to meet you Woof and thanks for showing me how the alloy gaitors go on the wheel
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 11:38   #775
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
I enjoyed chatting to you too. I was half way up the M1 when I realised I'd forgot to show you where the 8mm bolt is to replace to intercooler O rings!
We were two cars behind you as you turned onto the M40 northbound. I shall have a look at the intercooler O rings this weekend. Might PM if I get stuck.

Hope your journey home was bearable.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 12:47   #776
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

POL was probably the best it has ever been to be honest, the good weather certainly helped. Nice to see new and old faces. We left around 3pm to our Digs. Seriously what a place

Inside the tower there were leaded ceiling lights absolutely beautiful

But absoluitely the funniest sight of the day Poor Fusilier, we all know how he has painstakingley restored his red ZT saving it from certain dismantling it was spotless, all the way down from the North East. Directed to the stand and managed to find the only patch of mud in the whole park.......

He was not amused and did threaten to chase me with his water gun

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 12:53   #777
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

What a beautiful old place Dave. I take it its your holiday home to get away from the riff raff
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 13:18   #778
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
POL was probably the best it has ever been to be honest, the good weather certainly helped. Nice to see new and old faces. We left around 3pm to our Digs. Seriously what a place

Inside the tower there were leaded ceiling lights absolutely beautiful

But absoluitely the funniest sight of the day Poor Fusilier, we all know how he has painstakingley restored his red ZT saving it from certain dismantling it was spotless, all the way down from the North East. Directed to the stand and managed to find the only patch of mud in the whole park.......

He was not amused and did threaten to chase me with his water gun
He did chase me with the water and a threat of violence if Ross posted any pictures of his 'filthy' car, so I suspect you could be in bother now
I have to agree, Studley is a stunning place.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 14:27   #779
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
What a beautiful old place Dave. I take it its your holiday home to get away from the riff raff
Err.......I am the riff raff

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 14:31   #780
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Err.......I am the riff raff
I much was it at the bar, that's if they served yer.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote