Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th July 2020, 20:06   #201
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Life will go on........those dying of other diseases cannot be put on hold, we must try to find a safe way of coping. Many joyous things happen daily which will not make the news. If we can, we should pursue safe normality. Stay safe, stay wary.
Old 8th July 2020, 22:10   #202
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
And there's many more thousands dying as a result of just being alive
We've all got to go at some point, for some reason...does it really matter if its due to Covid or not?
It is all relative to how you view life, and your perception of the quality of said life, and how much you feel covid poses a risk to you and your family personally.

Having been personally exposed to covid.......and trust me nothing prepares you for the news you have been infected by this killer, I am much more relaxed about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
No I suppose not as long as it is not one of us or anybody we know or care for.

I wonder if the people who are taking there last breath or are hooked up to a ventilator are bothered that we are now trying to put sport on TV.
No, neither will the widow of the man I spoke to earlier today, who was told that he had pancreatic cancer, care if sport is back on TV.

As his treatment was postponed due to covid, to say she was bitter about the the handling of the whole affair was an understatement.

In her view, what could have been time spent in more fulfilling manner with her spouse, was instead in effect, a life prison sentence with no parole ending in an opiate induced haze for her husband of 40 years after nine weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Life will go on........those dying of other diseases cannot be put on hold, we must try to find a safe way of coping. Many joyous things happen daily which will not make the news. If we can, we should pursue safe normality. Stay safe, stay wary.
Exactly Fred, we must indeed find the least risky path back to normality, and the biased reporting of the "facts", or at least the facts as portrayed by those who wish to exaggerate the perceived risks, knocked on the head.

Sacrificing all other aspects of life on the alter of covid is a price we should not have to pay, none of us.

It should be remembered despite the headline figures being reported daily along with the pseudo grave handwringing of the perfidious media, this is no way reflects the actual costs of covid suppression, by virtue of every other aspect of healthcare being neglected

Confidence in life participation must be restored.

Brian
Old 9th July 2020, 06:51   #203
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
And there's many more thousands dying as a result of just being alive
We've all got to go at some point, for some reason...does it really matter if its due to Covid or not?
It’s the price we all have to pay for living. The cause of death does matter for the death certificate to be issued and for statistics. Here in Kenya, since the first death from Covid-19 on 13 March, there have been 169 deaths which includes +2 in the last 24 hours. 1.3 million have been tested and 8,000 cases were shown to be positive. From those tested positive, 2,000+ have recovered. Statisticians estimate 2.7 million Kenyans have been infected.

People here are dying from poverty, starvation, TB, Malaria, AIDS, cancer, dementia and heart disease. The numbers of dead continues to rise from being beaten or shot by the police during the night curfew.

From early March, Kenya went into lockdown. Domestic and international flights for passengers were stopped, cargo flights allowed. The railway network was closed down, bars and restaurants were closed.

The President of Kenya announced from 1 August, the airports are being opened to international flights and mandatory quarantine will be changed to 14 days self-quarantine. The country is desperate to save its economic growth. Opening the airports again is a start.......curfew at night remains.
Old 9th July 2020, 12:32   #204
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
How do you know that for sure Neil?Brian
An easy answer; I have trouble breathing, walking up one stair at a time in my house leaves me gasping for air.
Getting in and out of the car is difficult, once I'm in I'm fine, getting out again is the issue.

I do have other issues but these are manageable.

But the icing on the cake for me at 58 was having a heart attack on the 2nd Feb 2020.

I have been out 8 times since the beginning of March, 4 for medical reasons, 3 for food (before I could get a delivery) and one for a drive.

I am registered as "vulnerable" according to the Government, got a text message saying I was to stay at home for the foreseeable future.

I have a decent amount of booze, several cases of Guinness, bottles of Gin, Whisky and Bacardi plus mixers for when I feel like a drink.

I must admit I have saved quite a bit of money although I never skimp on shopping etc.
Old 11th July 2020, 17:07   #205
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Ah, Tesco, two metre markings on the floor in the queue, but certain people of a larger size don't comprehend that most of that two metres is taken up by them; then you get in the store and you have many people around you leaning across to get their items, whilst the staff are prancing back and forth regardless of the "arrows" to fill their online orders. Oh, I'm moaning again, perhaps I should step off the planet.
Just as bad here in France.

The check outs are in pairs. Two metre rule and marks on the floor BUT the lanes are side by side with only a chrome rail between them. You can touch elbows with the folk along side of you.--
Old 11th July 2020, 18:15   #206
Borg Warner

None

Would appear Red Leicester is not welcome in Belgium:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53373970
Old 20th July 2020, 15:26   #207
Borg Warner

None

So it may not be around for too long:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53467022

and:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839

Early days but never the less a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 20th July 2020, 16:16   #208
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Hear Hear !

No one that I do not chose too will have any more data than strictly necessary to allow me to operate in these times, if a company won't take cash, then they have simply lost a sale.

I've said from the beginning of this whole debacle the reasoning behind the reaction to the virus was more SINISTER than the virus itself.

I'm now at the bottom of the garden path, and need to find my way back to the house, so I can put the kettle on for a cup of coffee

Brian
Expediency is a justification for Tyranny ??????????--or maybe as a sop for the uninspired general public.

Last edited by COLVERT; 21st July 2020 at 10:25..
Old 20th July 2020, 16:37   #209
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
So it may not be around for too long:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53467022

and:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839

Early days but never the less a light at the end of the tunnel.
Unfortunately over here in France the infection rate is on the rise.--

Hence, face masks in any enclosed area now.---
Old 20th July 2020, 18:03   #210
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Unfortunately over here in France the infection rate is on the rise.--

Hence, face masks in any enclosed area now.---
I see from the French press the amount of anger and frustration is also increasing. Clearly the French people are as equally if not more angry towards their government and leadership as some are here in the UK.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200715...like-any-other

https://www.france24.com/en/20200720...of-second-wave

https://www.france24.com/en/20200719...public-indoors

Meanwhile across the pond:

https://www.france24.com/en/20200718...out-of-control
Closed Thread