Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th November 2019, 12:24   #1
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Airbag light, any code reader? Or only T4?

The car has been stood outside for several months, and shortly after taking it out for the first time, the airbag light came on, and won't go off, despite checking the wiring under the seat. As it's due its MoT in the next week, if any code reader will pin-point the fault, I'll leave it to the MoT station. Dunno if its related, but I banged my head on the airbag dash panel while changing a fuse, just before I noticed this.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 13:28   #2
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Not familiar with diesels, but Toaf will read petrol models no problem, especially the earlier (pre-autoliv) ones.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 13:37   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Did you check the underseat wiring/connectors for both the airbags and seat belt pretensioners? A problem with either can bring the light up.

You will struggle to find a code reader that will show the model specific codes (incl airbags etc) on a 75. Anybody in your neck of the woods know what they are doing with TOAF

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 14:21   #4
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

I have used Toaf on a diesel once but that was just a trial to see that it would connect and it did, much more familiar with V6s.

If someone could confirm that Toaf can read your SRS early diesel then perhaps it’s time to get a copy. No danger if you use in read only mode, very simple to use and a godsend to us without the resources available to owners in UK.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 15:14   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I have used Toaf on a diesel once but that was just a trial to see that it would connect and it did, much more familiar with V6s.

If someone could confirm that Toaf can read your SRS early diesel then perhaps it’s time to get a copy. No danger if you use in read only mode, very simple to use and a godsend to us without the resources available to owners in UK.

Regards
There is no 'read only' mode as such. You can connect and read but dont touch, however, thus is not problem.free necessarily.

Plugging in and 'looking around' then disconnecting and removing the plug, I was unable to open the boot with the remote fob as before. For whatever bug/reason it happened, it had ticked the option for tailgate AND boot release (mine is a saloon). I struggled to find the issue as I had retraced my steps, and module that option was in, was not one I entered (which is why I deduced it to be a bug). Once the tailgate option was unticked, it worked fine.

This was the first release of the program of 3, with the 2nd being the most functional for my purpose (live injector readings).

On the first connection, back up each module before doing anything, that way should something go awry, you should have a back up to apply. I didn't have this back up as I went I first time around with the intention of looking only.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 00:54   #6
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Interesting about the boot lock. Mine only unlocks by inserting and turning the key in the boot lock, or pressing the button below the bonnet-pull. Only 2 buttons on the fob, lock and unlock (whole car).
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 01:24   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Interesting about the boot lock. Mine only unlocks by inserting and turning the key in the boot lock, or pressing the button below the bonnet-pull. Only 2 buttons on the fob, lock and unlock (whole car).
ah, yours will be the mk1. Mine is mk2, long hold press on the remote will release the boot. I wonder if the version of TOAF I used, did not allow for subtle electronic differences of mk1 mk2. Wasnt a big issue, but it is worth keeping in mind should you have any abnormal issues after.

T4 by the way will pin point the issue with your SRS.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote