Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th February 2020, 14:51   #31
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Default Can't Register on the Nano Forum (?)

Hi all

Although I've posted on here to say I'll be there on the Saturday 21st, I also tried to Register to confirm my attendance on the Nano Forum too, as suggested.

My registration on the Nano Forum failed .... "IP address blocked... blacklisted.." with a reference to spamming One suggestion was that my ISP may be the reason.

"3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough."

Anyone else had the same issue? I use Talk Talk as my ISP

("Computer says No" .... but I'm still attending! )

Regards

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2020, 17:25   #32
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grout20 View Post
Hi all

Although I've posted on here to say I'll be there on the Saturday 21st, I also tried to Register to confirm my attendance on the Nano Forum too, as suggested.

My registration on the Nano Forum failed .... "IP address blocked... blacklisted.." with a reference to spamming One suggestion was that my ISP may be the reason.

"3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough."

Regards

John
Hi John.
Yes still attend I don't know what's going on with your IP address Rob or Mick may take a look at it, I will let them know you problem cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2020, 19:32   #33
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

It would be nice to see Andy and yourself after the fun we had in Holland. Will have to see if Ched can come up also. Bring the chicken up .
Old 29th February 2020, 17:52   #34
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Hi all

Regards

John
Hi John,

It is not the ISP that is blacklisted, only some of the IP addresses it uses, many of these addresses have previously been used by spammers and have found their way onto various blacklists. IP addresses are dynamically assigned to a users router each time it is switched off then restarted so you could try this in the first instance.

Failing that, the quickest solution is for me to register on your behalf as a new user using your e email and username, I will then tell you what password I use to register and you will be able to change it once logged on if you wish.

Its not just Talk Talk at fault here but they are however one of the worst offenders. In an ideal world they would regularly check the status of ip addresses and de-blacklist them if they are clean

I have also sent this message to you via PM in case you dont pick it up here

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2020, 18:24   #35
trebor
This is my second home

Popped into the Ashes today, it has only been open since yesterday ( 28 Feb ) and is only open for drinks. The reason that there is no food is because the previous tenant left and took the fridges and freezers with him so new ones are on order and food will be available within the week. Apparently the outgoing tenant also swopped out some of the better chairs etc and replaced them with older ones from his other pub.

Had a decent chat to the new tenant Damon, he has persuaded the owning company to spend some money upgrading the kitchen and changing the entrance to the pub as there is currently no access for wheelchairs as steps have to be negotiated. I gave him the dates for our meets and he is keen for us to keep going so if you attend any of the meets please support the pub as much as you feel able to do so as we get use of the field for free.

Apparently the lounge side of the pub is a listed building but the bar side has been added on at some point in the past and is not listed. The company who own it all NewRiver have in recent years bought in another company to manage some of their pubs including the Ashes but they have not performed well and as a result a number of the pubs they managed have had more of a downturn than expected partly due to them letting new tenants without any experience take over and profits have tumbled. As a result the managing company have gone out of business and a new one taken over.

Damon has had pubs around Telford before mainly part of large chains such as “ Hungry Horse “ so he is used to producing food at reasonable prices, he also intends to get the outside bar up and running to save customers having to come into the pub to get a drink which in the summer months should be popular.

The next Nano social meet is on Tuesday 17 March which is in the week before the 1st Nano Meet on Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 March, and hope to see some of you there.

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 29th February 2020, 18:53   #36
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Popped into the Ashes today, it has only been open since yesterday ( 28 Feb ) and is only open for drinks. The reason that there is no food is because the previous tenant left and took the fridges and freezers with him so new ones are on order and food will be available within the week. Apparently the outgoing tenant also swopped out some of the better chairs etc and replaced them with older ones from his other pub.

Had a decent chat to the new tenant Damon, he has persuaded the owning company to spend some money upgrading the kitchen and changing the entrance to the pub as there is currently no access for wheelchairs as steps have to be negotiated. I gave him the dates for our meets and he is keen for us to keep going so if you attend any of the meets please support the pub as much as you feel able to do so as we get use of the field for free.

Apparently the lounge side of the pub is a listed building but the bar side has been added on at some point in the past and is not listed. The company who own it all NewRiver have in recent years bought in another company to manage some of their pubs including the Ashes but they have not performed well and as a result a number of the pubs they managed have had more of a downturn than expected partly due to them letting new tenants without any experience take over and profits have tumbled. As a result the managing company have gone out of business and a new one taken over.

Damon has had pubs around Telford before mainly part of large chains such as “ Hungry Horse “ so he is used to producing food at reasonable prices, he also intends to get the outside bar up and running to save customers having to come into the pub to get a drink which in the summer months should be popular.

The next Nano social meet is on Tuesday 17 March which is in the week before the 1st Nano Meet on Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 March, and hope to see some of you there.
Hi Rob.
Excellent leg work there great to hear he is an experienced manager at least it gives him a chance to make a go of it, sounds like a nice guy, I noted he as a Landrover Evoque so he is sort of in the same camp regarding cars also sounds like Doug did not turn out to be as kind as made out to be then.

Will make an effort to be at the next social thanks again for the leg work cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 29th February 2020, 19:29   #37
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Default Yes please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Hi John,

It is not the ISP that is blacklisted, only some of the IP addresses it uses, ....

... IP addresses are dynamically assigned to a users router each time it is switched off then restarted so you could try this in the first instance.

Failing that, the quickest solution is for me to register on your behalf as a new user using your e email and username, ....

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info. I've tried a couple of restarts of my router but all IP addresses get the same error message.
So I'll take you up on your offer to Register me please.
Sending PM to you in a mo.
... and more thanks in advance!

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2020, 20:22   #38
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info. I've tried a couple of restarts of my router but all IP addresses get the same error message.
So I'll take you up on your offer to Register me please.
Sending PM to you in a mo.
... and more thanks in advance!

John
I have sorted it for you John and replied to your pm

Rob

Robs Car Gallery

Old 11th March 2020, 22:41   #39
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quick update on the March meet at FA as far as we know at the moment it is still going ahead, but as it gets closer to the date and the coronavirus could get worse.

Post from Rob on the Nano club board.
( We will keep a close eye on things as it develops, calling it off cant be discounted as according to the news things will escalate in the UK in around 10 days and the whole country may be inconvenienced )

I would say its not wise for anyone to attend if you have any sort of virus, if not only for your own safety but for others too at the meet, it can take months for any virus to deplete in the system, at least all of us should be responsible as to attend or not if we feel unwell.

You will most certainly see me walking around with gloves on as I always do at the meets anyway, & wearing a mask at the meet without fail.

Hopefully we maybe ok to go ahead with the meet, thank you for your understanding.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 14th March 2020, 22:09   #40
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Default Nano Meet update March meet YES or NO

I owners/Member whom attend the Nano meets, or are indeed deciding to come to their first ever meet, a post/thread as been listed on the Nano forum regarding if the March meet should go ahead or not.

If you would like to have your say, or give your thoughts on the matter then please do so by clicking the link below all the best Arctic.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/f...6&p=8311#p8311

ad altiora tendo.