Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th April 2016, 17:24   #1
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts
Default Water amount in footwell

Just wondering what the most water anyone has sucked out of either drivers side or passengers side as after a few months of putting off the job I eventually got round to sorting the leak out on patsy the connie,found the drivers front sunroof drain totally adrift from the outlet,did the pipe mod then tackled getting the water out, what a nightmare drivers seat out,all side trims off to reveal a pool under the carpet,after a couple of hours wrestling the carpet and foam about,hey ho 7 1/2 litres just over of water and probably more left in the sponge which I couldn't squeeze out so fingers crossed no more leaks so let's hear the quantities other folks have removed

Last edited by Cable Tie; 6th April 2016 at 18:29..
Cable Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 18:40   #2
OddSox
Gets stuck in

2002. Rover 75 saloon club se. 1.8 vvc. Moonstone green.

My 75 didn't have a sunroof..So never a problem.

I am surprised you have only just done this?.. Work and time are barriers i know but..?

You don't want to be carting 7 1/2 Litres of Stale water around with you..!

At least you sorted it now mate..
Old 6th April 2016, 18:47   #3
Sidetops
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt darke View Post
Just wondering what the most water anyone has sucked out of either drivers side or passengers side as after a few months of putting off the job I eventually got round to sorting the leak out on patsy the connie,found the drivers front sunroof drain totally adrift from the outlet,did the pipe mod then tackled getting the water out, what a nightmare drivers seat out,all side trims off to reveal a pool under the carpet,after a couple of hours wrestling the carpet and foam about,hey ho 7 1/2 litres just over of water and probably more left in the sponge which I couldn't squeeze out so fingers crossed no more leaks so let's hear the quantities other folks have removed
Oh Matt, what a shame. Sean Carter (Just75s) cleaned the sunroof drains and did the sunroof mod. apparently. At the time he said the pipes had come adrift, so the water was pouring straight in. He did the mod, and put electrical tape around the joins.

Shaun did mention about the amount of water that came out was buckets full. He did mention that on some cars he drilled a hole in the floor. I told him not to do that to mine!
Sidetops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:07   #4
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

I've checked both sides Simon and certainly no mods or tape in sight just the two black sunroof pipes,honestly couldn't believe the amount of water I took out,but it's all done now and will check the rear ones this weekend weather dependant,but the boots all dry so I assume they are in the rubber unions in the body I also found the side impact sensor floating around in the water and the original one still connected to the crossbar under the drivers seat so got a new one on order as that's why the airbag light was intermittent but obviously with the increasing amount of water it's given up,nothing that can't be sorted,we still have a love for her and no intention of rehomeing her she's a keeper as they say,we are still well pleased with her, cheers matt
Old 6th April 2016, 21:35   #5
Dart2050
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connie SE CDTI Tourer, MGF and Triumph Bonneville America

I need to do this. How difficult as it?
Dart2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 21:39   #6
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart2050 View Post
Think this is what you need...

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 21:50   #7
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart2050 View Post
Not too bad the drivers side is easier than the passenger side due to not needing to remove so much it's tricky when your hands are large,the pipe joiners are sold either on eBay they're 13mm straight plastic joiners or halfords do a box selection for £10.99 you also need a small length of 13mm garden hose,slide the garden hose onto the roof drain then tape it up put the straight connector into the hose tape that up then silicone the connector very liberally then slide it back into the rubber where it exits the body wipe excess silicone off remembering not to push the connector mega hard as the rubber will be pushed through the car body the garden hose only needs to be enough to join the two together maybe 2-2 1/2 inches long I hope this helps as for the boot ones they are very easy their behind the side panels in the boot and at the rear of the arches and the same process as the front I hope this helps cheers Matt as above post Arctic is the man for mods and how toos a true gent for problem solving and posting the how toos in picture form as well

Last edited by Cable Tie; 6th April 2016 at 22:00..
Cable Tie is offline   Reply With Quote