Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th May 2012, 17:13   #151
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Trust me, it was 100% custom - it was one of the things I was worried about beforehand, and I watched him edit the existing map...

There were no existing maps loaded, HOWEVER he did save a copy of my map for use if he gets a car with the same spec in later.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 18:48   #152
fastevo1
Avid contributor

Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Trust me, it was 100% custom - it was one of the things I was worried about beforehand, and I watched him edit the existing map...

There were no existing maps loaded, HOWEVER he did save a copy of my map for use if he gets a car with the same spec in later.
No it's not quite that simple, you will find he will have a generic map which he will modify to suit your car which saves a hrs of mapping to achive. You don't see this.

A full custom map start to finish would take approx 4-6hrs of mapping time + cold & warm start checks, fuel logs, knock logs etc. Price would be around £1000.

I have spent thousands on mapping for my Evos over the years and done a fair bit myself recently.

Again nothing wrong with what he has done but don't get confused with the difference of a altered generic map vs custom mapping.

Last edited by fastevo1; 4th May 2012 at 18:50..
fastevo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 19:09   #153
ramdonice
Avid contributor

from what i heard i wouldn't take my car there if i couldn't do it myself as he altered the boost level and didn't even check the boost level after as if he did he would have noticed it didn't change, wonder if he knew that there is a vnt control in the map but is not used as the rover/mg used a actuator controlled wastegate fixed vane turbo and altering the boost in the map does nothing. imho if you don't know the car you are remapping don't remap it.

Last edited by ramdonice; 4th May 2012 at 19:12..
ramdonice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 01:01   #154
bobblake

Rover 75 Tourer estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petetourer View Post
Yes mate... The X power upgrade was MG's own remap for the 116 BHP that took it to around 131 BHP

Thes map just takes it up another level... Usually around 156-160 BHP

HTH

Pete
Hi pete and all
I am a new member, so please be gentil with me.
I got my rover 75 on the 1 st of may and want to increese power and profomance.
I would knead to talk to someone about doing it due to my circumstanses and requirements.
So can you pm me hiss no please pete.
Regards bob b

PS. no spell checker yet so be gental with me, bob
bobblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 19:32   #155
markyp
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI+ X-power 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdonice View Post
from what i heard i wouldn't take my car there if i couldn't do it myself as he altered the boost level and didn't even check the boost level after as if he did he would have noticed it didn't change, wonder if he knew that there is a vnt control in the map but is not used as the rover/mg used a actuator controlled wastegate fixed vane turbo and altering the boost in the map does nothing. imho if you don't know the car you are remapping don't remap it.
When i took my car to Richard for remapping he discovered it had already been remapped in the past, And i remember him saying that the boost level had not been increased and he wondered why???.