Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2013, 20:24   #11
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000cc View Post
sorry dave? dont understand..

its what my iphone's Siri voice translator comes up with when I speak like Malcolm Tucker off the thick of it

sorry
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 20:37   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxum1947 View Post
Hi Everyone, I have just acquired a 51 Reg Rover 75 2.0 CDT Tourer, mileage 136K, which in the main I am very happy with. I took the car to my local garage which I have used for a number of years, with the view to getting confirmation that they can service the car correctly. During the conversation the garage owner pointed out that my vehicle history shows no record of what he called “Breather” Filters under the rocker cover being changed. He stated that these filters should be changed approx every 40K miles due to turbo performance dropping off as the filters become clogged. He also stated that most people do not know that these filters exist, hence they are never changed.
Not being mechanically minded I would be grateful if any member could provide any clarifying information, especially as he quoted £138.80 for replacement filters to be fitted.
Nick, You used the word 'filters' and also mention service. If the price is for all the filters i.e. oil, air, PCV plus one presumes oil as well, then £138 would be about right. The fact that your garage actually knows about the PCV is a positive start.

So before writing him off, it's important to know whether the price is for all of the above or just the PVC filter.
If it's just for the PCV, then yes, it's time to find a new garage.

If you are buying the PCV yourself, get one from Joules on here (under the Spares for Sale section) and treat your car to one of his plenum guard shields as well. The latter could save you a lot of hassle and expense later on.

Maninder.

Last edited by MSS; 5th February 2013 at 20:55..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 20:59   #13
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDave View Post
its what my iphone's Siri voice translator comes up with when I speak like Malcolm Tucker off the thick of it

sorry
ah right,im with you now lol
Old 5th February 2013, 21:00   #14
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Nick, You used the word 'filters' and also mention service. If the price is for all the filters i.e. oil, air, PCV plus one presumes oil as well, then £138 would be about right. The fact that your garage actually knows about the PCV is a positive start.

So before writing him off, it's important to know whether the price is for all of the above or just the PVC filter.
If it's just for the PCV, then yes, it's time to find a new garage.

If you are buying the PCV yourself, get one from Joules on here (under the Spares for Sale section) and treat your car to one of his plenum guard shields as well. The latter could save you a lot of hassle and expense later on.

Maninder.
good point,if it includes a service then bite his hand off
Old 5th February 2013, 21:08   #15
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxum1947 View Post
Hi Everyone, I have just acquired a 51 Reg Rover 75 2.0 CDT Tourer, mileage 136K, which in the main I am very happy with. I took the car to my local garage which I have used for a number of years, with the view to getting confirmation that they can service the car correctly. During the conversation the garage owner pointed out that my vehicle history shows no record of what he called “Breather” Filters under the rocker cover being changed. He stated that these filters should be changed approx every 40K miles due to turbo performance dropping off as the filters become clogged. He also stated that most people do not know that these filters exist, hence they are never changed.
Not being mechanically minded I would be grateful if any member could provide any clarifying information, especially as he quoted £138.80 for replacement filters to be fitted.
Hi Nick
Welcome first i would change your garage if he was going to charge you this for a PCV filter change for that money i would want all the filters changing, fuel, Air,PCV, oil, pollen and an oil change plenums checked bonnet mod, washer fluid changed.

I wonder what he as been charging you for over the time you have used him as stated you could do the filter chnage your self and the other i mentioned and you will get self satisfaction knowing the job as been done also it helps you to get to know your car Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote