Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th July 2007, 20:27   #1
Jonathan
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Water Leak - where from?

(03) 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

Everything had been going so well until now. I've been using my 800 Coupe for commuting over the last week, so the 75 has been stood for a few days until I took a short run earlier. Noticed a small puddle on the ground around the drivers side front wheel this evening. Looking under the car water seems to be slowly trickling down the anti roll bar and onto the ground. The expansion tank level is normal at the moment but as it's a KV6, I obviously don't want to be running it if there's any kind of problem with the cooling system. Or it may be air con/heating related.

Bearing in mind where it's coming from, does anyone have any idea what's likely to be the source of the leak? I can't see/access any further. Fortunately it's still under warranty.

Completely unrelated but while poking around I also noticed a short piece of rubber tube (about 15mm diameter) hanging loose front centre of the car near the exhaust. No idea what it is, but it probably isn't supposed to be like that!
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 20:56   #2
ColinB
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer 1.8T Club SE

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the club.

The rubber tube sounds like the drip tube from the air con.
ColinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:14   #3
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

to your Club Jonathan.
As said quite often a small pool of water will appear under car when parked after use, caused by the condensation etc on the Air conditioning.
Also read up and check the Plenum drains of course, a vital area to keep clear of water as the ECU sits in there.
If you are not sure or not happy with something also bear in mind whilst under Warranty now is the time to report any faults or Queries.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:42   #4
Jonathan
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks... and hello

Actually air conditioning condensation would make sense, my Sterling does it all the time. But 5 hours after parking up after a 10 minute drive? And it isn't coming from the tube that ColinB identifies.

I think the best I can do is leave it for 24 hours and see what it looks like. I'm probably worrying over nothing, as usual.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 01:20   #5
Starman
Posted a thing or two

03 CDTi Tourer Conn SE auto

Hi jonathon.
I agree with JDC about the drain in the drivers side plenum. After poking around in mine to empty it,it dribbled for some time in the same place you describe. If you don't know where it is its hard to find under water the first time. Its just (only just) to the right under the brake servo.Might be worth a look esp. after all that rain!

Regards Steve
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote