Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th November 2006, 15:12   #21
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
you're not serious, are you!? I was jokingly going to post originally "wouldnt it be funny if it was one of the things rob bell wants" but decided that it wouldnt be funny. Now I think it is! Serious point...has EnEnGee got the Driver Intelligence pack fitted.... computer, intelliwipers, dimming mirror? in which case - Rob - it might be that "they" have "those"...?
In answer to your question, I do not have have the computer, dimming mirrors, intelliwipers et al fitted to my car (that I know of anyway). The car is pauper spec Classic SE CDT Tourer (Reg March 2002 so just into Project Drive).

The wipers do alter their wipe when the car stops, to intermittent wipe and return to continuous wipe when the car starts moving again but that's all. What am I missing?

Last edited by GreyGhost; 15th November 2006 at 15:44..
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 15:41   #22
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

enengee fells theory with one swoop? well I suppose this info doesnt actually disprove that cruise could be tied to drivers intelligence pack.

Next question to establish is what little plugs YOU have taped up behind your air con controls.... ? Presumably you will def. have the 6 pin with white/blue, red/white, black and a blue/orange which will connect to your master switch... but what else...?
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:15   #23
Simon
Banned

-

Well, I have I little connector behind the blanking pannel beneath my ATC. I've always wondered what it's for... is it for the elusive cruise loom or is it more mundane such as the rear sunblind? (Pauper edition 2001 ZT160+ for those who want to know)

Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:29   #24
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
enengee fells theory with one swoop? well I suppose this info doesnt actually disprove that cruise could be tied to drivers intelligence pack.

Next question to establish is what little plugs YOU have taped up behind your air con controls.... ? Presumably you will def. have the 6 pin with white/blue, red/white, black and a blue/orange which will connect to your master switch... but what else...?
There *may* be an important difference between Rover and MG spec cars Jon - but before I took my car's interior apart, I was of the opinion that all cars had this wiring loom fitted as standard - the retro fit had been attempted before on R75s, and all the wiring was found to be in place.

There again, we all know that Project Drive was a rolling programme. My car is a 2003 model - so that could be another important difference between mine and EnEnGee's - something that may be born out by the observation that a 2003 R75 CDTi found in a scrap yard in Hull did not have the cruise loom as I hoped it would... despite having heated seats fitted.

This mystery needs further unravelling.

Simon, not sure what that connector is - perhaps someone with access to the wiring diagrams can look it up? I wondered about traction control, but the plug is the wrong shape. Which leaves SmartNav or Electric Sun Blind...?
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:41   #25
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Wiring diagram for KV6
http://tinyurl.com/ymymqx
They are .jpg so not the clearest but easily readable, not sure if they cover what you want.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 17:27   #26
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Hmm - is that the engine wiring loom schematic? The wiring scheme doesn't use the usual MG Rover standard codes, which makes things fractionally harder, but I can't identify Simon's plug on it...

From the pictures Simon has provided, we've got a black earth, a red/white instrument illumination feed, plus:

Red/Light Green (RLG)
Orange/Black (OB)
Orange/Brown or is it red? (ON or OR)

BTW DEFINITELY NOT traction control; the switch has only 4 pins!

Smart Nav or Rear Sun Blind?
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 22:02   #27
Simon
Banned

-

Right folks. Thanks to the wonders of high-res digital SLR cameras, here is an enlarged area of the plug detailing its markings.

Also, from studying the high-res file on my PC I can identify five wires going into the plug:
  • Black (earth)
  • Green with red stripe
  • Orange with brown stripe -could also be red stripe. But correct colour callibration does suggest its a brown stripe.
  • Orange with black stripe.
  • Red (possibly with stripe but can't be sure)
Yes, I could go and have a look but its dark outside and its raining. lots.

Also, here is the image of the plug itself:

Hope this info is helpful to you.
Old 16th November 2006, 22:33   #28
Simon
Banned

-

Bump.

Anyone any thoughts on this yet?
Old 17th November 2006, 07:00   #29
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

On mine I found the rear blind plug hiding there - can't remember the wire colours but orage figured largely and the number of wires is consistent ... I would say rear blind ...

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2007, 15:42   #30
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Did anyone ever discover the correct use of Simon's green plug.........'cos I've got one as well......

Last edited by Greeners; 27th April 2007 at 15:55..
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote