Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th May 2019, 17:07   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Original Radioguy unit

Someone remind please...

The original unit did it have a standard USB inlet/outlet at the back please, or did I both something?

I remember adding a cable at the back and feeding the end into the glove box, to charge /use an Iphone 3 which was a different connector to the modern Iphone type plug, so I need to pull the radio out to swap it over.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 17:26   #2
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

The Navall 1 had two USB leads at the back IIRC. You will however need to cut the USB connector and solder the wires to the appropriate wires on the original connector if you would like to re-use the iPod connection. A picture to clarify things:

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 12:31   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

If it was the original (non android) WinCe unit it only had a front mounted mini USB and a propriotory connecter (mini din) connector out the back for the (old style 30 pin) Iphone lead supplied. (you should be able to buy a 30 pin to lightning adaptor though)

The Android units from Navall 1 onwards did have rear mounted usb connections
Old 24th May 2019, 15:47   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
If it was the original (non android) WinCe unit it only had a front mounted mini USB and a propriotory connecter (mini din) connector out the back for the (old style 30 pin) Iphone lead supplied. (you should be able to buy a 30 pin to lightning adaptor though)

The Android units from Navall 1 onwards did have rear mounted usb connections

Snap! I found and ordered one a couple of days ago, one with a lightning + 3.5mm for the audio. I was able to charge it and it came up on the screen so I could select a track, but no actual audio despite the 3.5mm. I have assumed the 3.5mm is faulty on the adaptor and advised the seller, who is sending a replacement.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote