Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2008, 19:14   #1
rjneve1971

rover 75 2.0l v6 se

Default hello from a new member of a 75 classic se

Please can anyone help ive just bought myself a 2000 75 classic 2ltr se, with a strange clutch problem. i lost all pressure when going to ireland over the christmas(got married) and the bitting point was on the floor but still drivable....after going into the local workshop it was put down to a problem with the master cylinder and was repalced to get me home with a secondhand unit rebuilt into the old master cylinder itself....got me home no problem at all, but again this morning the same problem has occurred, lost most of its pressure again...not as bad as when i was in ireland but still worrying....ive purchased a new master cylinder from a dealers in peterbourogh but would love some help in fitting it into the car and any help in this problem in the first place...maybe the garage *** it wrong and im replacing the wrong part....but i was told the slave cylinder wasnt leaking and seemed to be working fine when the parts were fitted............my direct email is Edit by GG. Please use the forum PM or email system for your security and as for join this owners club if any memebers can contact me as regards to this it would be much appreciated

Last edited by GreyGhost; 8th January 2008 at 19:44..
rjneve1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 19:37   #2
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Hi and welcome to the forum, just for your own safety it would be best not to display your email address, (this is a public forum) I cannot help you with your problem but please hang in there and sure enough someone will supply you with everything you need to know.

Lots of threads with reference to most things so maybe do a search and see what is available. good luck and once again welcome.
Old 8th January 2008, 20:07   #3
rjneve1971

rover 75 2.0l v6 se

many thanks mate, didnt know its bad to put on email addess will change asap...many thanks for the reply...nice to here from you
rjneve1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:01   #4
KevG
Regular poster

Ford Focus

It is most likley to be the slave cylinder as losing pressure is the first symptom.

I have just replaced the slave cylinder together with the clutch bits as mine done the same thing on xmas day at a cost of £470 all in.
KevG is offline   Reply With Quote