Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th July 2007, 08:43   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default Standard 131 CDT and X-Power Map upgrade, are they one and the same?

Just a thought and I doubt anyone knows a definitive answer to this but perhaps someone has seen this covered before.

I assume the performance characteristics of the standard later 131 CDTi cars was gained from using the same map you could buy if you bought the £400 X-Power upgrade from MGR for the 116 cars

Or were there any difference between these or even between the characteristics of the standard 75 and ZT production maps?

I ask because I have the X-power CD and obviously I also have the standard 116 and 131 maps on my Testbook CD now if I could find a way to upload either to my 116 (which I have not yet) which would be the one to use?

I am assuming there is no difference, but it would be interesting to know if anyone thinks otherwise and why?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 09:51   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

The Litersature I have for Dealers Keith says the Upgrade just brings the CDT to CDTi specification.
Not a definitive answer, as I thought the only difference was BHP?
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 20:42   #3
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Just a thought and I doubt anyone knows a definitive answer to this but perhaps someone has seen this covered before.

I assume the performance characteristics of the standard later 131 CDTi cars was gained from using the same map you could buy if you bought the £400 X-Power upgrade from MGR for the 116 cars

Or were there any difference between these or even between the characteristics of the standard 75 and ZT production maps?

I ask because I have the X-power CD and obviously I also have the standard 116 and 131 maps on my Testbook CD now if I could find a way to upload either to my 116 (which I have not yet) which would be the one to use?

I am assuming there is no difference, but it would be interesting to know if anyone thinks otherwise and why?
I'm sure they will be the same, just programmed at the factory for the cdti and supplied to dealers for the upgrade. I can't see any logical reason why they would differ or it would every one even more!

Ron