Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st August 2019, 13:55   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default BMW Service Reset- where did I put it?

I bought one remember using it and it worked, but where did I put it away?

Did I maybe give it away to anyone on here?

No problem. I read somewhere that TOAF can reset the service reminder - anyone know how please? I have the TOAF setup and working.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 14:03   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

I too would like to know how to use TOAF for this. I plugged mine in and it Scanned the car ok but this was as far as i got. Looked complicated, so used my BMW scan tool instead.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 15:03   #3
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Toaf reset is hidden in the IPK (IKE) section, under "others"

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 15:50   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Toaf reset is hidden in the IPK (IKE) section, under "others"

Regards

Ta! Did anyone get around to writing some instruction for TOAF?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 1st August 2019, 16:15   #5
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Ta! Did anyone get around to writing some instruction for TOAF?
Only a partial, I'd love to know more about it myself as there are lots of features I don't dare touch. I believe the Poles run Toaf workshops, would love to see them on youtube with a translation. Anyway here: https://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-zt-ro...-guide-846794/

Regards
Old 1st August 2019, 21:45   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Thanks, download and printed out for reference.

Old 2nd August 2019, 00:45   #7
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Good information!
I haven't had any luck using my BMW reset tool or the paperclip method
(I really don't like sticking bits of wire into the socket-seems like a recipe for disaster! )
I have TOAF working so will give that a go.
I agree it would really be nice to have some tutorials available. I know this may open up a 4 year old can of worms but I wouldn't mind paying a fee to access videos, or to buy a TOAF manual.
My alternative to TOAF was to buy 600 euros worth of software modules to get my ZT set up on my Blackbox diagnostics.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 2nd August 2019 at 00:58..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 07:08   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I agree it would really be nice to have some tutorials available. I know this may open up a 4 year old can of worms but I wouldn't mind paying a fee to access videos, or to buy a TOAF manual.

There is a brief manual linked to above. 6 pages and as far as it goes, well written. Reading the comments on the site, it read as if the author might continue the work on the manual, but it seems, like TOAF itself, it was abandoned.

Old 3rd August 2019, 03:36   #9
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I have that download and it is a helpful reference but just scratches the surface.
It seems to be typical though. Blackbox doesn't publish any tutorials or instructions for their software, however they have a forum that their staff monitors and consistently reply to posts with accurate information.
Mind you they do charge for their software and hardware.
Old 25th August 2019, 10:26   #10
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
There is a brief manual linked to above. 6 pages and as far as it goes, well written. Reading the comments on the site, it read as if the author might continue the work on the manual, but it seems, like TOAF itself, it was abandoned.
Bit late posting a reply but read it while I was in Turkey with a lousy connection and then forgot, anyway …. some good news - Toaf is far from abandoned. A post on the Polish website in April this year by the Master himself states

“I'll get straight to the point. As the topic of TOAF development is not much happening - it's time to move on.

Current situation:
- There is currently version 0.5.0.51 to download - which everyone knows. Soon there will be a slightly improved version (adding support for several modules, window scaling, generally nothing interesting) in the beta version - as it is - and this version will no longer be developed.

So what in return?
- As the computer is "obsolete" and everything is now "smart" and more and more people have a multimedia station based on Android in their Rovers - the Android version of TOAF will be created”.

My own thoughts when I read of an Android version was great, I’ve a Xtrons Android unit in the car, with Torque Pro (mainly to monitor the coolant temp), that plus Toaf in the applications will make my Windows XP laptop redundant.

Hopefully more to follow.

Regards