Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st May 2019, 14:49   #511
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

It seems that this kind of dishonest behaviour is on the increase. Unscrupulous individuals/companies take payments from us, with no intention of ever delivering the order. Whilst credit card companies and those like paypal refund the payment amount, these crooks are keeping the money and losing no stock at all whilst these poor credit card companies etc are the only losers! Shocking
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 15:55   #512
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge.g View Post
It seems that this kind of dishonest behaviour is on the increase. Unscrupulous individuals/companies take payments from us, with no intention of ever delivering the order. Whilst credit card companies and those like paypal refund the payment amount, these crooks are keeping the money and losing no stock at all whilst these poor credit card companies etc are the only losers! Shocking

Paypal and credit card companies do not loose out, they simply increase their rates and pass it on to the public.

Banks will charge higher fees/ reduce their interest now that they have agreed to refund those people who suffer the scams.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 19:23   #513
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Paypal and credit card companies do not loose out, they simply increase their rates and pass it on to the public.

Banks will charge higher fees/ reduce their interest now that they have agreed to refund those people who suffer the scams.

That maybe the 2 reasons that we see so little effort to catch the crooks.
I can't understand,with todays' technology, why it should not be too difficult to find where the money goes.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 21:09   #514
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
I can't understand,with todays' technology, why it should not be too difficult to find where the money goes.

The scammers open accounts, get the cash in the account, empty it and disappear. Many countries are much easier than the UK, to set up accounts to receive money.

I watch some of the TV programs which show some of the scams, many of those who fall for the scams do seem quite intelligent - which all leaves me wondering why they would fall for them. I can understand how many were scammed by Radioguy simply because he did originally deliver on his orders and he maybe didn't set out to scam people.

I would not call myself especially intelligent, but I have been inundated which such scam emails and at one time I was inundated by scam callers, until I bought a phone system to block out unknown callers, yet I have never been caught out. Maybe I'm overly suspicious and treat all such unexpected contact from all sources as a potential scam, including door to door sales.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 31st May 2019 at 21:12..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 21:17   #515
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Banks do try and recover the money if they feel they have a strong case, more often than not the bank will reverse the transaction and fight it out with the merchants own bank.

I had a case where I had to provide further evidence to help my card issuer use against the merchant, we won in the end and the merchant had to pay a great deal in costs.

You don't really get to hear what happens after a chargeback or a section 75 claim, but the banks will often go after the bad guys quite viciously, they have a dedicated team that work in the background... so to speak.

Last edited by Dallas; 3rd June 2019 at 07:41..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2019, 04:51   #516
James from Praha
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

He got me too....I am out a couple hundred pounds....I bought a used Radio from him in the past and he was just great....the Nav stopped working so I bought a replacement, then some other stuff I didn't need....The Radio I bought with a CC then for the other stuff he asked me to go with paypal...I got the Radio....then nothing

It is just like someone said, I hadn't been on the site in awhile and didn't know what had happened and just went directly to him

He is a great con man, even spent several weeks with me through email trying to trouble shoot the original radio....
James from Praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2019, 06:09   #517
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

That is the problem if you don't follow the club closely, you simply wouldn't know.
I realise the club is not responsible for his behaviour, but I think in the interest of preventing this type of cases, the club could issue a general email to all registered users, at least strongly advising caution, as it has come to notice that several people are having serious issues with the merchant.
It is now obvious to even the most forgiving and patient person that he is not trustworthy.
Should this not be communicated far and wide?
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:28   #518
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
That is the problem if you don't follow the club closely, you simply wouldn't know.
I realise the club is not responsible for his behaviour, but I think in the interest of preventing this type of cases, the club could issue a general email to all registered users, at least strongly advising caution, as it has come to notice that several people are having serious issues with the merchant.
It is now obvious to even the most forgiving and patient person that he is not trustworthy.
Should this not be communicated far and wide?
Totally agree.

And I am disappointed that the Club has not seen fit to do this.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 18:17   #519
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

For some strange Facebook reason ??

He's just appeared on my Friends suggestion page

C .
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 18:25   #520
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Don't know what happened, and don't know when or why he got banned. I was quite surprised because last year I brought a unit from him, and had no issues whatsoever. Seemed really well thought of at the time. I can't imagine what changed nor why.

Quite saddened by it all, but my unit is exactly what it as advertised as.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote