Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd September 2007, 13:01   #31
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Great news.
I will be chasing this up after meet this Weekend.
Wil keep you all informed.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 11:02   #32
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Bit of an old trhread but I've gleaned some new information relating to the BMW system

http://www.e38.org/part2driverinfo.pdf go to page 55.......

it would appear as well as an overide switch, the PDC uses the K-bus for road speed and gear selection. As this wasn't enabled on the MGR ECU, it probably wouldn't work.

It's a shame as I'd just located a proper front and back PDC.

Never mind.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 11:57   #33
JohnDotCom

Typical David.
I still have not Installed anything on front yet.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:06   #34
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi John,

Don't you have an auto? it may be worth finding out if the lights next to the gear shift are switched (the ones that show what gear you have selected). If they are you could take the feed from , say, 1st gear to activate your Front parking sensors. Then simply select 1st gear to park!

Failing that I am sure you could rig up a switch to operate via the gearshift to operate once 1st gear is detected.

What do you think?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 12:17   #35
JohnDotCom

Yes Dave I have the Auto.
The Reason it Ground to a Halt has been purely a Time one and the Fact the Last Thing I can get in my Garage is a Car at the moment, As GG Noticed on a recent visit, I can't find most things as its stacked Floor to Ceiling!
Once the Warmer Weather and lighter Nights come this is a Must Do this Year for me.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:22   #36
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Yes Dave I have the Auto.
The Reason it Ground to a Halt has been purely a Time one and the Fact the Last Thing I can get in my Garage is a Car at the moment, As GG Noticed on a recent visit, I can't find most things as its stacked Floor to Ceiling!
Once the Warmer Weather and lighter Nights come this is a Must Do this Year for me.
Do you think the idea would work John? I can only see a load issue on the current reqd if it is there and switched already. Simply engage 1st gear to activate FPS.

If not fabricate a bracket to hold a switch?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 19:58   #37
miketata
Loves to post

rover 75/jeep patriot crd

my Holden Caprice limousine (government chauffeur) has these and they are speed dependant. Any travel below 15 kilometres an hour triggers the system, which includes an audible beep and a picture of the car on an lcd screen which flashes amber to red for each sensor depending on how close your are to hazard. There is also a master switch to turn the system off which we do often because it is basically a pain at the front. The rears are very useful but the front is annoying, especially when you can see the hazard anyway. Because low speed triggers it, it goes off in bumper to bumper traffic all day...or when a pedestrian walks in front of the car....so you tend to ignore it. I prefer the 75 with rears only because when it sounds...you know there is a genuine hazard. ..it doesn't cry wolf. Cheers.
miketata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 13:03   #38
Neil Coupland
Gets stuck in

Range Rover Sport, MG TF 160 Aubergine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Thanks JDC, it is reassuring to know that I am not the only one who needs to empty his garage. Two cars and they both sit on the drive!

Back on topic we have front mounted sensors on the Zafira and an on off switch is essential. They would go off in heavy rain, motorway spray, snow, whilst sitting in queues of stationary traffic, and when being passed by motorbikes
On/off switch now fitted and peace has been restored
Neil Coupland is offline   Reply With Quote