Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2024, 11:15   #1
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

Default CDTi Remap questions...

Hi all!

I'm starting this thread as after a fair bit of searching I still have a few questions. Shove me in the right direction if I'm asking what's already out there...

I've now owned the Low Flying Bus (2004 CDTi Connoisseur Tourer in Firefrost) about a month and she's going great. I've ticked off most of the more important maintenance items, the last being flushing the autobox fluid as per a guide I found on here which went well and did slightly 'sweeten' the shifts, not there was any real issue before. She's only just approaching 100k miles.

The interior still needs a bit of work (headlining and door trim) but it's not a priority at present.

I've just ordered a TOAF compatible cable, so I can do any diagnostics needed. I already had (from previous car) a elm327 bluetooth adaptor and generic phone app which can't seem to read Rover codes but was able to clear a self-induced check engine light (I forgot to plug a sensor back in!)

Budget allowing, I'm starting to wonder about a remap...
Is it possible to do a DIY remap via TOAF? I've seen a couple or vague references, but no hard info.

I have zero tuning skills, but know enough not to dabble at random... so I suppose I'm asking if there is such a thing as a 'readymade' remap available from anyone, or if this is completely missing the point, or just not possible.

If the answer is no, any suggestions on a good remapper within reach of Somerset?

Next question I'm almost embarrassed to ask - anyone running an 'interesting' exhaust on a CDTi? I feel like a gruff 'Landy' diesel exhaust note probably doesn't suit a 75's style... but would it help performance? Anything I do has got to be reversible as I feel like 75's are getting slightly collectable and I do not want to ruin its value in any way. Also, any thoughts on a remap in this regard too? It's not as if the car is mint, just a tidy example so a remap probably isn't a bad thing...

Thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers Steve

Last edited by LowFlyingBus; 4th June 2024 at 11:24..
LowFlyingBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2024, 11:18   #2
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

P.S. Umm... I've just dicovered that the download page on the TOAF site is blank. Is it still available?
Old 4th June 2024, 11:45   #3
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Personally i would suggest you get the 160 map applied. You will need to go to one of the T4 owners that provide this service as i believe it cannot be done via TOAF.
If you are in the South West i would suggest contacting Trikey on here to sort it for you and you will not regret it

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2024, 12:15   #4
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default TOAF availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyingBus View Post
P.S. Umm... I've just dicovered that the download page on the TOAF site is blank. Is it still available?
TOAF Mobile (Android version for tablets and phones) is on the Google Play Store.

TOAF for Windows - I have the install files for versions 5.0.43 and 5.0.51 which I can send via pm if you wish - although the installation files don't appear on the web site I just tried an installation on my laptop and it appeared to run OK.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 4th June 2024 at 12:23..
Lagetha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2024, 13:08   #5
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Personally i would suggest you get the 160 map applied. You will need to go to one of the T4 owners that provide this service as i believe it cannot be done via TOAF.
If you are in the South West i would suggest contacting Trikey on here to sort it for you and you will not regret it
Thanks, that does sound good... I will chase up @Trikey!
Old 4th June 2024, 13:10   #6
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
TOAF Mobile (Android version for tablets and phones) is on the Google Play Store.

TOAF for Windows - I have the install files for versions 5.0.43 and 5.0.51 which I can send via pm if you wish - although the installation files don't appear on the web site I just tried an installation on my laptop and it appeared to run OK.
Thanks! Hm. I forgot there was an Android version... will get it. Although if you don't mind, I would appreciate the Windows version... do you need my email?
Old 4th June 2024, 13:41   #7
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Thanks! Hm. I forgot there was an Android version... will get it. Although if you don't mind, I would appreciate the Windows version... do you need my email?
Yes, if you send me an email to xxx I'll reply attaching the files

Run ...43 first and add "43" to the default installation directory name and once complete rename the icon to Toaf Toal 43

Then run ...51 and add "51" to the default installation directory name, and as above rename the icon to Toaf Tool 51

version 5.0.51 is your default version, but if you need to add keys to the BCU use version 5.0.43 (does it for free - if prompted for a password just press continue)

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 5th June 2024 at 14:11.. Reason: Update
Lagetha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2024, 14:56   #8
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
Yes, if you send me an email to
Done! Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 00:26   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Kevin.
Personally i would remove your email from open forum, otherwise you could start getting unwanted emails, it's never wise to have your email address on open forums.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2024, 08:17   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Hi all!

I'm starting this thread as after a fair bit of searching I still have a few questions. Shove me in the right direction if I'm asking what's already out there...

I've now owned the Low Flying Bus (2004 CDTi Connoisseur Tourer in Firefrost) about a month and she's going great. I've ticked off most of the more important maintenance items, the last being flushing the autobox fluid as per a guide I found on here which went well and did slightly 'sweeten' the shifts, not there was any real issue before. She's only just approaching 100k miles.

The interior still needs a bit of work (headlining and door trim) but it's not a priority at present.

I've just ordered a TOAF compatible cable, so I can do any diagnostics needed. I already had (from previous car) a elm327 bluetooth adaptor and generic phone app which can't seem to read Rover codes but was able to clear a self-induced check engine light (I forgot to plug a sensor back in!)

Budget allowing, I'm starting to wonder about a remap...
Is it possible to do a DIY remap via TOAF? I've seen a couple or vague references, but no hard info.

I have zero tuning skills, but know enough not to dabble at random... so I suppose I'm asking if there is such a thing as a 'readymade' remap available from anyone, or if this is completely missing the point, or just not possible.

If the answer is no, any suggestions on a good remapper within reach of Somerset?

Next question I'm almost embarrassed to ask - anyone running an 'interesting' exhaust on a CDTi? I feel like a gruff 'Landy' diesel exhaust note probably doesn't suit a 75's style... but would it help performance? Anything I do has got to be reversible as I feel like 75's are getting slightly collectable and I do not want to ruin its value in any way. Also, any thoughts on a remap in this regard too? It's not as if the car is mint, just a tidy example so a remap probably isn't a bad thing...

Thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers Steve

Steve,
if your cars BHP is 131/135 then in all honesty, if my car is the same, I really don't think a remap is required, unless you are towing something heavy such as a caravan.
If it is the lower BHP at around the 113 BHP then yes go for a 160 remap, it makes a world of difference.

My thoughts about the remap are of course based on my driving style, which is not to thrash the car. Even at 160 BHP, you wont win any races.
My saloon was remapped to 160 and it made a significant difference over the standard 113/115 that it was.

There is a specific 160 BHP remap that was created for the 75 by a member and there are few members here on the forum that can install it for you. This would be the one I would suggest using.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote