Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th February 2020, 22:09   #1
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Default Abnormal trip computer!

The trip computer in my 190 has decided to throw a wobbly today on the way home from work, suddenly started counting down the 'range' mileage at a rate of a mile every thirty seconds wether driving or stationary, lost 200 miles on the way home, then went to 999 and started counting down from there. Trip mileage is still correct, as is consumption and fuel gauge still reads 3/4 of a tank, has anyone come across this before? (was completely normal up until this evening). Thanks in advance, Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2020, 23:09   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Guessing But might it be the sensor on the rear wheel????
Old 21st February 2020, 01:45   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Paul, the range on message centre IPK is calculated from the mean value of the two fuel tank senders which is an analogue signal converted to a digital one within the IPK, and the injector pulsewidth signals derived from the ECM which is transmitted to the IPK on the CANBUS.

It is a strange one, and I would suggest a hard reset on the IPK, (battery off for five minutes, then reconnect)

Have fun

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 19:06   #4
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Smile Thank you Marinabrian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Paul, the range on message centre IPK is calculated from the mean value of the two fuel tank senders which is an analogue signal converted to a digital one within the IPK, and the injector pulsewidth signals derived from the ECM which is transmitted to the IPK on the CANBUS.

It is a strange one, and I would suggest a hard reset on the IPK, (battery off for five minutes, then reconnect)

Have fun

Brian

Disconnected my battery for five minutes during my dinner break at work, reconnected and went for a quick drive, range reset to 163 miles (about right for just under half a tank). Monitored on the way home this evening, all behaving as it should. Thanks Marinabrian for that little jem.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote