Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th November 2013, 20:04   #21
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR75 View Post
In my mind there was nothing ever holding this project back...There have been members flocking in their droves to help out; in parts, labour and assistance with even moving the car from place to place.

If the owner really wanted to have the car in showroom condition, it probably could have been achieved by now time and time again with all the support. Even if the issue was money - this could have been publicised and maybe even a fundraiser held but I don't think the club suffers from financial issues.

I think the biggest factor has been time - my impression is the Owner has a very hectic career which leaves little time for him to arrange/negotiate restoration of OVP. Something we all juggle with across our busy lives, but actually there are plenty of people at the moment that would love nothing else but to offer their help in such a worthwhile project for the benefit of the club, knowing they've given something back.

What would have been the sensible thing to do was arrange for someone else to oversee the project - back to my first point about how many have offered their support. I think unless this happens, OVP will remain in the condition she is currently in which unfortunately is likely to be the condition she enters the scrapyard in, in a couple of years time
Totally agree Tom. Well put.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:34   #22
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I believe OVP will be sorted and painted in due time. Another way of looking at it is that the car needs a full respray which will be possibly around the 2k area?? Obviously you can get resprays cheaper and also pay more, so which way do you go? Cheap job which won't last or an expensive job that looks fantastic and promotes the club in the way intended. So, who is entrusted to spend the clubs money in the right way Christopher is extremely busy with his career and I'm sure he will sort the car as and when he can and spend what's needed?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 00:57   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Fair enough thanks for the update.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 06:36   #24
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Fair enough thanks for the update.
Just my own opinion of course

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 06:46   #25
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default S525OVP No Progress?

When I made my last comment it was in the early hours of the morning (a hot night). I noticed that Christopher was on the thread at the same time. I had hoped he would join the discussion about OVP, but as he was not 'on' for long I am guessing he had to rush. No pressure

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 25th November 2013 at 09:48..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 23:00   #26
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I believe OVP will be sorted and painted in due time. Another way of looking at it is that the car needs a full respray which will be possibly around the 2k area?? Obviously you can get resprays cheaper and also pay more, so which way do you go? Cheap job which won't last or an expensive job that looks fantastic and promotes the club in the way intended. So, who is entrusted to spend the clubs money in the right way Christopher is extremely busy with his career and I'm sure he will sort the car as and when he can and spend what's needed?
mark can i just say one thing that i agreed to do all the body work and a total respray for the price of the paint. reebs know how i work i have done work on his cars. ovp could have been stripped down to a bare shell and totally rebuilt twice in the time it has taken to get this far. nobody can say its funds so may members have offered to do work and supply parts free. lets face it how long has that car sat about how many months at lates {and thats not a knock at late like i said before you cant flog a dead horse} we have all tried with ovp and we have all given up.
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 18:17   #27
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

I think its time we stopped giving this rather pointless topic oxygen of publicity to be honest the person whose name is on the V5 is responsible for whether or not the 'project' gets completed and the rest of us have plenty of other projects or members in need of help to continue to worry about something that should have been completed within 15 months.
So let it R.I.P. and dissolve into the ether

Fin
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 00:00   #28
bmcman
Regular poster

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR75 View Post
In my mind there was nothing ever holding this project back...There have been members flocking in their droves to help out; in parts, labour and assistance with even moving the car from place to place.

If the owner really wanted to have the car in showroom condition, it probably could have been achieved by now time and time again with all the support. Even if the issue was money - this could have been publicised and maybe even a fundraiser held but I don't think the club suffers from financial issues.

I think the biggest factor has been time - my impression is the Owner has a very hectic career which leaves little time for him to arrange/negotiate restoration of OVP. Something we all juggle with across our busy lives, but actually there are plenty of people at the moment that would love nothing else but to offer their help in such a worthwhile project for the benefit of the club, knowing they've given something back.

What would have been the sensible thing to do was arrange for someone else to oversee the project - back to my first point about how many have offered their support. I think unless this happens, OVP will remain in the condition she is currently in which unfortunately is likely to be the condition she enters the scrapyard in, in a couple of years time
I think the car is in the system that's the main thing so hopefully it will not end up in the scrap bin
bmcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2014, 19:14   #29
MonstersV6
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 Con SE auto

Default S525 ovp

Hi all,

Last night I was watching an recorded episode of Silent Witness on Drama (sad I know, but there was nothing else on and I am a sucker for British dramas), to my surprise there was S525 OVP! The car was 'dressed' in police uniform and I even paused the program to check I had not imagined it. I hadn't realised that the car had been used for TV purposes

Monster thinks his V6 is the Biz
In Monster's fleet- 1990 Rover Metro 1.4 GTA, 2004 Renault Espace 1.9Dci Expression aka The Bratbus!
MonstersV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 22:06   #30
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstersV6 View Post
Hi all,

Last night I was watching an recorded episode of Silent Witness on Drama (sad I know, but there was nothing else on and I am a sucker for British dramas), to my surprise there was S525 OVP! The car was 'dressed' in police uniform and I even paused the program to check I had not imagined it. I hadn't realised that the car had been used for TV purposes
I was watching an old episode of New Tricks on Drama a couple of weeks ago and it turned up in police livery on that as well.