Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th January 2013, 21:09   #1
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Default Is this a good machine polisher for a novice/newbie?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_963.html

Thinking of buying something like this, my other car, not the MG has very dull paintwork, which looks like it hasnt been polished/waxed ever.

I wanted to clean it up and then assess the damage, chips/scratches/rust for a bodyshop to then sort out any major issues...

I didnt want to spend a fortune, but my thinking was I could experiment on my car with the dull paintwork then maybe do a number on the MG at some point.

Any advice welcome, I understand that rotary polishers probably arent a good idea for the likes of me!

The car I am polishing has what I think is hard paint, as it is an old Audi, the paint on these is usually quite thick rather than the MG thin finish so I figure I have a bit more room for error!

GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 15:45   #2
steve45

mgzt-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_963.html

Thinking of buying something like this, my other car, not the MG has very dull paintwork, which looks like it hasnt been polished/waxed ever.

I wanted to clean it up and then assess the damage, chips/scratches/rust for a bodyshop to then sort out any major issues...

I didnt want to spend a fortune, but my thinking was I could experiment on my car with the dull paintwork then maybe do a number on the MG at some point.

Any advice welcome, I understand that rotary polishers probably arent a good idea for the likes of me!

The car I am polishing has what I think is hard paint, as it is an old Audi, the paint on these is usually quite thick rather than the MG thin finish so I figure I have a bit more room for error!

Hi yes these are superb for the novice as they are dual action and you really cant do any damage to the car like you can with a rotary type one,
take a look at another make like the kestrel das6 it does the same as the mags but is cheaper.
steve45 is offline   Reply With Quote