Notices

Old 6th April 2015, 22:44   #1
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts
Default Sigma Canon fit lenses and teleconvertors for sale

Hi all,

I have decided to sell two of my Sigma lenses plus two Sigma teleconverters.

These are Canon EF mount lenses and converters and will fit either crop or full frame Eos bodies.

The first lens is a Sigma 70-200 F2.8 complete with padded bag, uv filter always fitted, front and rear lens caps and tripod collar .
This lens is pretty much in unmarked condition and the optics are free from blemishes.

Looking for £350.00 for this lens

The second lens is a Sigma 120-300 F2.8 complete with padded bag, uv filter always fitted, front and rear lens caps and tripod collar.
This is a monster of a lens in size and weight and takes brilliant photos.
It is a little battle scarred with some rubbing off of the finish on the collar and lens body, the optics however are blemish free.
This lens is not the easiest of handheld lens due to its weight and is better suited to life on a support, tripod or monopod should make life easier

Looking for £600.00 for this lens.

Finally I have a 1.4 and a 2.0 Sigma teleconverters , both of which have their original pouches and front and rear lens caps.
Again these are in great condition with no optical blemishes.

Looking for £110.00 for the 1.4 and £150.00 for the 2.0 converters.

If you wish to see some photos taken with these lenses take a look in my BTCC Brands Hatch thread in photography corner

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213054

I will post some pictures up later of these items so you can see them in detail.
These will also be advertised elsewhere so if you are interested let me know .

Reason for the sale is for funding the purchase of a Canon 70-200 F2.8 mk2 plus Canon teleconverter which means I will need to sell both lenses to afford this .

I can post these but would only do it via insured postage due to their value.
I would much prefer to have you come and see the lenses and satisfy yourself on what you are buying and minimise any risk of damage through posting.
If you do wish me to post I will get a quote for you.

Thanks for looking and hope someone on here may be interested

Last edited by coolcat; 13th April 2015 at 19:25..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 00:35   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Hi Jeff, if you havent already bought the Canon lens, I have a friend who bought one from me when I worked in a camera shop, despite my best efforts to dissuade him and go for the f4 instead. He is in his late seventies, and quite frail, and as you know it is a heavy lens. Sure enough, after the first outing shooting motorbikes, he agreed with me.

I think it is now about 18 months old, and he has had it on gumtree a couple of times. He has taken it out three times in total he told me just a couple of weeks ago. When I say taken it out, I mean taken it out of its box and bags to use it! His 9 year old Canon EOS 350D with grip are like new! When he is done using them, he dismantles them all, and repacks them into their relevant packaging, which is like new too!!! (again I have tried to discourage him from doing this .............. dust etc)

I dont know what he is looking for it, although when he first tried to sell on Gumtree, I think he advertised it £50 less than the current retail price. :doh I tried to get him to sign up to eBay and sell it there, but he doesnt like eBay, having heard negative reports. Likewise, I didnt offer to sell it through my eBay account, for fear it wouldnt reach what he was hoping for, and perhaps think I was pulling a fast one. I should add, that he is a friend of the family, however, it has nothing to do with me directly and I am not on any kind of commission with it, but I can pass his number to you and you can speak with him directly.

If you are interested in it, pm me, and I can pass you his number. It would be coming from Larne County Antrim though.
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 07:49   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Hi Jeff, if you havent already bought the Canon lens, I have a friend who bought one from me when I worked in a camera shop, despite my best efforts to dissuade him and go for the f4 instead. He is in his late seventies, and quite frail, and as you know it is a heavy lens. Sure enough, after the first outing shooting motorbikes, he agreed with me.

I think it is now about 18 months old, and he has had it on gumtree a couple of times. He has taken it out three times in total he told me just a couple of weeks ago. When I say taken it out, I mean taken it out of its box and bags to use it! His 9 year old Canon EOS 350D with grip are like new! When he is done using them, he dismantles them all, and repacks them into their relevant packaging, which is like new too!!! (again I have tried to discourage him from doing this .............. dust etc)

I dont know what he is looking for it, although when he first tried to sell on Gumtree, I think he advertised it £50 less than the current retail price. :doh I tried to get him to sign up to eBay and sell it there, but he doesnt like eBay, having heard negative reports. Likewise, I didnt offer to sell it through my eBay account, for fear it wouldnt reach what he was hoping for, and perhaps think I was pulling a fast one. I should add, that he is a friend of the family, however, it has nothing to do with me directly and I am not on any kind of commission with it, but I can pass his number to you and you can speak with him directly.

If you are interested in it, pm me, and I can pass you his number. It would be coming from Larne County Antrim though.
Thanks Alan,

PM sent Sir
Old 13th April 2015, 18:57   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Just to bump this and also to add some photos

Sigma 2.0x converter

1.4 Teleconverter

Sigma 120-300 F2.8

Sigma 70-200 F2.8

Tripod mount

Monopod mount

Just need to get the Tamrac bag out of the back of the cupboard and I will add photos of that as well

Last edited by coolcat; 13th April 2015 at 19:14..
Old 14th June 2015, 10:33   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Okay peeps , quick bump for these before I advertise them elsewhere.

These lenses and teleconverters are really top notch quality optics and I've priced them very competitively.
As you can see from the photos, they show typical wear signs on their bodies but all glass is free from blemishes/scratches and uv filters have been on them constantly.

Grab yourself a telephoto bargain or two before they are gone

If your local any test is welcome to try before you buy

Last edited by coolcat; 14th June 2015 at 10:35..
Old 14th June 2015, 10:39   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

A few samples of photos taken with these lenses.

Photos taken with the Sigma 120-300

Taken with the Sigma 70-200

Last edited by coolcat; 14th June 2015 at 10:55..
Old 18th August 2015, 02:58   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Sigma 2x converter now sold, everything else still available

Last edited by coolcat; 25th August 2015 at 18:50..
Old 25th August 2015, 18:50   #8
coolcat
This is my second home

Sigma 120-300 lens now sold.

Sigma 70-200 and Sigma 1.4 teleconvertor still available