Notices

Old 26th September 2014, 22:09   #21
FREDPLY
Avid contributor

club touring

Default War

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
It is a good point, but I would like to know where all these weapons are coming from in the current conflict areas. Russia/US/UK I as well as neighbouring countries I would suggest.

I don't expect our warplanes to be targeting weapons manufacturing facilities in Syria or Iraq!

We have been chucking weapons at this group and then that group in the hope that one side may eliminate the other, but guess what, now we have well armed bunch of lunatics that are sweeping disaffected groups into their ideals.

I don't suppose many of the so called fighters of this group have or feel they have a choice or a way out. The numbers are estimated to be in excess of 30,000, but I would be prepared to wager that not many of these are there by choice. (If that many exist)
Syria is at present not an option albeit a shame

We all have options in life

30000 or 3000 as put by another member restrict their air supply - O that word air has nothing to do with aircraft
FREDPLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 22:27   #22
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I think partly the lack of postings on here discussing this is also due to peeps not wanting to become embroiled in a political thread and risking the wrath of the moderators and upsetting folks with differing beliefs!
Surprisingly, I do have an opinion on this, but as stated, as I've only recently come off a ban (for telling the truth) I've no wish to upset the Left Wing Mods on here!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 09:06   #23
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

An overwhelming vote in the Commons yesterday to take action, albeit a relatively small contribution it would seem from ourselves.

I do fear for the consequences for a lot of people, namely the hostages; but a stand must be made.

But what an absolute mess. However I'm sure our Middle East Peace Envoy is working tirelessly to resolve the issues(?).
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 10:42   #24
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
It seems that we are about to go to war (again).

Personally I don't think this is the answer, but it appears to be a foregone conclusion (again)

Why does this appear to be the only option available?

What I find interesting, is the total lack of any really consultation or debate on the topic and that public interest in these sorts of events appears to be nearly zero.

For example, this is the top story on BBC at the moment:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29240959

Indeed there are no stories in the most read that are to do with the UK (Yes that includes Scotland!) going to war.

What a crazy world we live in where bombing and going to war is taught to be the path to peace - it makes no sense!
What annoys me more than anything else is that the ****** in Westminster are always saying there is NO MONEY and AUSTERITY so we have to make cuts for the most underprivileged and people at risk, but we, rather they, decide there is enough to go bomb somewhere that really has nothing to do with us, (and if we, (they) had kept their noses out in the first place on numerous occasions this wouldn't be happening in the first place) costing BILLIONS!!!

Do you know how much it cost to fly these aircraft, let alone the ordnance dropped????

But then again we are only following orders from "O-bomber-Obama"!

Last edited by Dragrad; 27th September 2014 at 22:36.. Reason: Contravention of Club Rules - FAQ Rule 2
MangoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 12:28   #25
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default Middle East

Having lived in the Middle East for twelve years of my life, working alongside the Arab Military, and being there when the 9/11 attacks took place and seeing even the military personnel cheering when the planes went in. I think I can speak with a bit of authority on the subject.
IS need to be totally wiped off the face of the earth, not taken prisoner as you cannot rehabilitate a belief. This is something we should have joined in well before now, we should have been there right at the start.
Unfortunately the solution to this problem will likely mean that we will have to put boots on the ground to finish the job, but that is what our guys joined up for, to serve the country and its people. IS are a real threat, not just in the Middle East, but as indicated by the number of young radicals leaving UK to fight alongside IS, they are already here. Don't stop them leaving, let them go. We can legitimately shoot them over there, bullets are cheap and if they are over there, by definition they are not over here plotting and scheming.
Best of luck to our fine pilots for now, may every one you drop hit the mark.
Rant over, and needless to say, I fully support the decision to go in.
Wizzo337
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 12:48   #26
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Yeah man, nothing wrong with a bit of genocide! I remember Hitler thought the same about the Jews....

I'm just surprised that you managed to live there for 12 years with the obvious feelings you have...
Old 27th September 2014, 12:53   #27
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Yeah man, nothing wrong with a bit of genocide! I remember Hitler thought the same about the Jews....

I'm just surprised that you managed to live there for 12 years with the obvious feelings you have...
I did 12 years because I liked it there.
Never trusted anyone though.
Preferred to keep myself to myself.

Wizzo337
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 10:44   #28
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I suppose it depends on where you work in the Middle East.
When I worked in Abu Dhabi the expat population accounted for around 90%.
A far higher ratio of British in the UAE , than, for example, London.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 11:20   #29
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

When I go to a foreign country I go there because it is a foreign country, not to live in a 'Little England' and despise the locals.... Fair enough if you are going for a short contract to get some quick money, but for 12 years!!

Also I find it quite hypocritical when people in the UK critisize foreign communities that come and live here and choose to keep to themselves - yet the British do the self same thing in their countries....
Old 29th September 2014, 11:38   #30
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post

Is this not exactly what IS are trying to do themselves?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote