Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th March 2024, 14:47   #173711
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Passing a charity shop I popped in to pass some time and happened to notice a DVD of Mary Poppins on the shelf. It caught my eye as I had recently heard mention of someone taking great offence at it and being severely struck down with the worst case in the world ... nay the universe ... of very hurty feelings. As a result someone apparently saw fit to uprate the classification of the film for a re-release of the show on its 60th anniversary. It's gone from U (Universal) to PG (Parental Guidance) as a result of said very hurty feelings.

I've watched the film on TV many times and never saw reason for anyone to take offence, but I guess I wasn't really watching the film to do so. Anyhow, I decided to buy the DVD in the charity shop to try to see what the outrage was about. I had to pause and rerun the film to catch the use of the apparently very hurty word which was used on only two occasions by the very eccentric Admiral Boom character in the film. I wasn't familiar with the word and its use in the film had always passed over my head as it is used in an amusing context to describe the soot-covered sweeps as they dance on the roofs in the distance. Try as I might, I simply can't take offence and I found the once innocuous scene to me to be quite amusing given the context and the historical meaning of the word which I was blissfully not aware of until now. Link to the BBC article re the now unmentionable and very hurty word. H********S
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 16:08   #173712
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
You'll never roll sushi tight enough without a sushi rolling mat. You can get them everywhere: https://www.google.com/search?q=sush...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I've got one somewhere but can I find it can I 'eck. When I started making them I thought I knew where it was but just gave up looking.

I made an appointment for Mam online for a blood test as she cant do it & it makes you wonder how many of the older generation cant do it unless they have family members who are PC savvy to do it for them. I had quite a few seed potatoes left over so I gave them to my older brother & a dozen young tomato plants.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 17:10   #173713
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I made an appointment for Mam online for a blood test as she cant do it & it makes you wonder how many of the older generation cant do it unless they have family members who are PC savvy to do it for them.
Here you can order repeat prescriptions online, I do Ging's. She's brilliant with FB etc but hopeless with other computer stuff.

I was supposed to take a sample along to the surgery after my diabetic review last Friday but haven't felt up to it thanks to the bug Ging so generously passed on. Nurse is supposed to be phoning tomorrow with the result of the blood test, need to apologise to her.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 17:26   #173714
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Here you can order repeat prescriptions online, I do Ging's. She's brilliant with FB etc but hopeless with other computer stuff.

I was supposed to take a sample along to the surgery after my diabetic review last Friday but haven't felt up to it thanks to the bug Ging so generously passed on. Nurse is supposed to be phoning tomorrow with the result of the blood test, need to apologise to her.

This clinic portal doodah here is called swiftqueue where you can book appointments locally at the clinic otherwise they send you a letter to get blood tests done anywhere in the county, I've now got Mam on my account so it's easier getting her appointments with the district nurse.

Gawd n Bennett! I ordered a bigger whiteboard off the bay as this small one we have is choc-a-bloc with upcoming appointments, It comes with 4 marker pens, eraser, & magnets for attaching notes etc.
It arrived this afternoon & no pens,eraser, or magnets in the box so I gets onto the seller who tells me they're attached in a bag on the outside of the box, I missed them & had to go & get the box out of the recycle bin

Old 14th March 2024, 17:59   #173715
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Tonight's oldy but goody film is Jason & the Argonauts.

Old 14th March 2024, 18:08   #173716
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Tonight's oldy but goody film is Jason & the Argonauts.
Ah, the late, great Ray Harryhausen. Brilliant special effects done by real work and skill rather than CGI.

T4 Location Map
Old 14th March 2024, 19:15   #173717
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Had a drive up to Letheringsett Water mill near Holt this morning after checking the website for opening times, only to find it "Closed"! A quick search and we diverted to Sheringham Park (National Trust). We were between the "flowerings" as we missed the Snowdrops and were a shade early for the Rhodedendrons, which are full of buds, so should be magnificent this year (visit again in early May?). It was still lovely to be out in the sunshine for the first time in aaaaaaaages! The forest walks were amazing and the coffee, with cream and jam scones went down a treat. Even time to give the Sporty a wash and leather when we got back. The jets have been back and forth (and up, down and around) a lot tonight with afterburners glowing brightly in the night sky. So long as they don't drop anything on us, we should be OK!

Last edited by roverbarmy; 14th March 2024 at 19:26..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 19:41   #173718
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
The jets have been back and forth (and up, down and around) a lot tonight with afterburners glowing brightly in the night sky. So long as they don't drop anything on us, we should be OK!
When I was a kid we lived in Berwick. It was once used at the "target" in a huge NATO exercise including B52s flying over with bomb bay doors open, it was fascinating. Idiot local councillor, probably trying to make a name for himself, said the locals were terrified!

T4 Location Map
Old 15th March 2024, 03:46   #173719
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning all,

It’s MOT this morning at the hospital, fasting bloods for cholesterol and diabetes check HBA1C and an abdominal ultrasound scan, so nil by mouth until later. Weather is 27C.

Catch you later.

What’s everyone up to?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2024, 03:47   #173720
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Had a drive up to Letheringsett Water mill near Holt this morning after checking the website for opening times, only to find it "Closed"! A quick search and we diverted to Sheringham Park (National Trust). We were between the "flowerings" as we missed the Snowdrops and were a shade early for the Rhodedendrons, which are full of buds, so should be magnificent this year (visit again in early May?). It was still lovely to be out in the sunshine for the first time in aaaaaaaages! The forest walks were amazing and the coffee, with cream and jam scones went down a treat. Even time to give the Sporty a wash and leather when we got back. The jets have been back and forth (and up, down and around) a lot tonight with afterburners glowing brightly in the night sky. So long as they don't drop anything on us, we should be OK!

Good morning Mike

Thank for brightening the lounge with those photos.

Roll on summer!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote