Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th September 2019, 22:07   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Duchess of Sutherland, NVR and Railworld

Well this morning we left the house with intention of viewing the Duchess of Sutherland pass by Helpston Junction, I found a great spot earlier in the week, and we arrived in plenty of time, only 1 other person there. Unfortunately I hadn't seen that late last night the D of S had failed and was replaced a diesel. So here's a couple of photos of the diesel:

After this I had 3 very disappointed kids, who all were desperate to see a 'steamie', and the 2 y/o didn't understand we wouldn't going on a train, so on our way back we stopped in at the Nene Valley Railway for a ride on a train. Got on the platform just as the train arrived, got on and left within a minute. Having the camera on me I took a few snaps while there:

At the Peterborough end of the line is a place called Railworld, somewhere we've been meaning to go to for a few years, so we took the opportunity to go there as well. A good layout, a Thomas the tank layout that the kids can sit and control, and a garden layout with trains disappearing into tunnels and a different one coming out the other end. A good viewing platform out over the lines at Peterborough station, and some old locos and rolling stock in the yard, as well as the 'Hovertrain' looking a little sorry for itself.

If the pics are too big or take too long to load let me know and I'll try and resize them.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 05:45   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Great photos, good to see a 47 earning it's keep
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote