Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2018, 11:42   #101
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Paulus View Post
We voted to leave based upon historic emotions and lies hence the younger the voter, the greater the % of remain vote Despite all the economic evidence and experts stating we will suffer economically we voted to take back what we had already and as the picture becomes clearer we need a final vote on the final outcome given how close the original was and the 1.4m new voters which have no say in this event next March but will suffer the effects. .... The will of the people! #FinalVote
You won’t know this as you are a relatively new member. In the lead up to the vote, on this forum, the voters in the club who owned up to it were predominantly pro Brexit. Of those, several were UKIP. How they must have been gutted when Farage turned Chicken. A few of us owned up to voting remain. We are still in the minority. I accept the outcome of the vote, deal or no deal. It’s democracy.

The dogs of Brexit bullied and intimidated the remainers on the forum. They ganged up like a pack dogs using tactics whereby they would twist and tailor the remainers posts to their own ends. Some went with the wind like sheep, but others were very clever at it, whilst arguing with “copy and paste” or mimicking eloquence and supporting each other. It was sad to witness.

Around that time, some remainers left the club, traumatised and they have not been back. The bully boys are still in the club and if there is another vote, no doubt their dogs will try and send any remain voters packing. But maybe not.......

I think there won’t be a second vote and the moderators will be on the case. When these political threads get personal, they are now closed. During the referendum I had to block 4 of the dogs, but since then, I decided that life is too short and now only one is on my ignore list, although I did wish him a very happy birthday
Old 5th August 2018, 14:36   #102
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

That’s the most awful exposure of rule contravention I’ve seen on here. No moderator involvement, no censure. Are we no longer concerned about outward impression to prospective and, in this case, new members?

There has been no bullying or intimidation (it’s on-line for Pete’s sake) in this thread or any of those leading up to or since ‘the vote’ as suggested. If it is thought there have been why not indicate them (in context, of course)?

How political allegiances can be identified beats me. Is that another plank to walk on? Traumatised? Adults? Oh come on.. Alleging the subversive preparation of 'plots' for the future?

There has been no ‘pack of dogs’, what a way to refer to fellow club members, if only from the point of view of ‘manners’, Rule 1, and the poster has made frequent requests or attempts to get threads closed because he does not like the subject. Suspicions of mischief-making abound.

There have been opposing arguments of course but none of the kind referred to and when things have got overheated the mods have closed threads, usually understandably. Allowing this thread to continue has shown considerable tolerance and forebearance by mods but allowing the post in question to remain is a disgrace.

It is a totally false and obnoxious impression from a frustrated malcontent. Shameful and embarrassing.
Old 5th August 2018, 15:08   #103
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
That’s the most awful exposure of rule contravention I’ve seen on here. No moderator involvement, no censure. Are we no longer concerned about outward impression to prospective and, in this case, new members?

There has been no bullying or intimidation (it’s on-line for Pete’s sake) in this thread or any of those leading up to or since ‘the vote’ as suggested. If it is thought there have been why not indicate them (in context, of course)?

How political allegiances can be identified beats me. Is that another plank to walk on? Traumatised? Adults? Oh come on.. Alleging the subversive preparation of 'plots' for the future?

There has been no ‘pack of dogs’, what a way to refer to fellow club members, if only from the point of view of ‘manners’, Rule 1, and the poster has made frequent requests or attempts to get threads closed because he does not like the subject. Suspicions of mischief-making abound.

There have been opposing arguments of course but none of the kind referred to and when things have got overheated the mods have closed threads, usually understandably. Allowing this thread to continue has shown considerable tolerance and forebearance by mods but allowing the post in question to remain is a disgrace.

It is a totally false and obnoxious impression from a frustrated malcontent. Shameful and embarrassing.

Beat me to it. I was planning on allaying the fears of those concerned about power cuts, but now.
Old 5th August 2018, 15:34   #104
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

Those threads are archived and locked, but clearly name calling becomes you. How sad is that.
Old 5th August 2018, 15:51   #105
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Beat me to it. I was planning on allaying the fears of those concerned about power cuts, but now.
Sorry BW, maybe I reacted hastily. Then again, I suspect that may have been the intention. I confess to being shocked by the ungentlemanly language and conduct. I hope the base intervention (my perception) does not succeed. I do admit it has caused me to examine my own language and conduct so maybe there was some merit there after all. However, surprise, I remain confident.
Old 5th August 2018, 16:18   #106
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Okay, I can apologise and do to all dog lovers and to those affected by my comments about the dogs of Brexit, you know who are. I am after all humbled, but not beaten down. I am not here to settle an old score or to get the thread closed. Members are wised up enough to make their own judgements and so are the moderators.

Respectfully, it's the Leave argument that is devoid of substance. So many of the 'benefits' that have been heralded by Brexiteers have been shot-down. It's all a promise of magic and good times when tens of thousands are already suffering and we haven't even left the EU yet. The Remain argument is about fairness and concern and, may I add, common sense. The Leave argument is, decoded, we won and we'll sort the mess out later.

Leave is all about magnifying EU imperfections and ignoring what's good about the EU and shows complete and, I'd say, malicious contempt for reality and that's very bad for the country's future.
Old 5th August 2018, 18:18   #107
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Thread closed.

There are loads of places to discuss this topic. Do it there.
Closed Thread