Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th January 2018, 21:27   #41
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I think that is rather excessive Stu. There's not that much there , compared to MG Northumbria , which would be worth £10
Old 28th January 2018, 12:56   #42
good_mojo
Loves to post

Facelift Rover 75 Classic CDT auto and Connoisseur SE 1.8T

It is very sad that the Museum want to levy such a stiff charge. They need to generate funds so I can understand their motive. However, we would be such a small group that it would be a real disincentive for members to attend.

It must be a real pain in the backside to find an alternative venue. How about contacting the Gem Cafe in Coxhoe? Together with the parish council they host an event in the summer, http://www.coxhoeparishcouncil.gov.uk/2017/04/23/coxhoe-classic-car-night-coming-soon/

I have no association with the Gem Cafe. The June event seemed to be very well attended. I did not stick around but passed through it on my way back from work.
good_mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 13:06   #43
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Default Shildon Railway Museum - Sunday 18 March 2018

Are the Durham MG Club being charged £400?
I've not read the full thread but it does sound rather over the top?
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 13:15   #44
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Sorry.
I have read the thread again and it would appear to be a joint charge of £400.
As it happens I am also a member of the Durham MG Club and there provisional calendar lists this as "Sunday 18 March Stuart McNulty's Trip to Shildon NRM Bowburn Services 10.00am" no mention of a £400 fee. However that may change in the February Gazette.
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 13:37   #45
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRWMGTF View Post
Sorry.
I have read the thread again and it would appear to be a joint charge of £400.
As it happens I am also a member of the Durham MG Club and there provisional calendar lists this as "Sunday 18 March Stuart McNulty's Trip to Shildon NRM Bowburn Services 10.00am" no mention of a £400 fee. However that may change in the February Gazette.
David

I am also a member of Durham MG Club, (and have been for around 10 years) and yes there is no mention of it. Mike Forbes asked me to organise the meet, as I organised it last year, and there was no charge, however, I have been in contact with Shildon for the last couple of months and in my last correspondence with them (Shildon), then decided that they now have to charge, so I am not happy with them, and have also spoken to Mike about it, and have sent Shildon another email stating that the costs are expensive, as if we parked in the public car park then it would not cost us anything, so how can they justify charging us £400 to park on the main apron outside the museum.

I have also told them that members attending would also use the café and that would generate income, and if we did not attend then they would lose income if we did not attend

I await a reply, but have also today been to Hartlepool and spoken to the Royal Naval Museum, and will be sending them an email tomorrow, to see if we could hold the meet at their location, but looks like that they might want to make a charge as well

I will know very soon when I get replies from both locations, but no matter what, I am trying very hard to find a suitable location with either no charge or at least a very small charge, but not happy with the costs that Shildon have quoted

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 13:42   #46
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

I was talking to a guy who used to display model train equipment there , apparently there is a new management structure in place which is now controlled from London , and that the Local management have no discretion over the running of the museum , he was saying that all the model shows are no longer taking place due to the amount they were being asked to pay to use the site . It's a real shame as it was a good venue and was always worth a visit .
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 13:59   #47
Fusilier

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
I was talking to a guy who used to display model train equipment there , apparently there is a new management structure in place which is now controlled from London , and that the Local management have no discretion over the running of the museum , he was saying that all the model shows are no longer taking place due to the amount they were being asked to pay to use the site . It's a real shame as it was a good venue and was always worth a visit .
John

yes a good venue, but let us see what they say, and as I mentioned earlier, not happy with them telling us at this stage that there is now a charge, but am looking at other venue's as an option, and a show with Durham will take place no matter what

Stu

Old 28th January 2018, 14:29   #48
good_mojo
Loves to post

Facelift Rover 75 Classic CDT auto and Connoisseur SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
John

yes a good venue, but let us see what they say, and as I mentioned earlier, not happy with them telling us at this stage that there is now a charge, but am looking at other venue's as an option, and a show with Durham will take place no matter what

Stu
I'm sure I speak for the other members when I say that we really appreciate the work you put in to organising these events.
good_mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 14:34   #49
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_mojo View Post
I'm sure I speak for the other members when I say that we really appreciate the work you put in to organising these events.
It must be a thankless task sometimes , especially when dealing with the likes of Shildon .
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 14:39   #50
Fusilier

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
It must be a thankless task sometimes , especially when dealing with the likes of Shildon .
John

It is especially when they drop a bombshell on you at the last minute, but I have sent a couple of emails to some other locations and see if they can accommodate us on 18 March

Stu