Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th January 2011, 15:57   #1
simonej
Avid contributor

ZT-T 190

Default 2002 MG ZT-T 190+ (62000miles & Cambelts done!) WITHDRAWN :)

Withdrawn - for now. Just got a new job which will involve getting a 'crash pad' near work, so commuting shouldn't be quite the issue it is now. At least I hope not! So for now the ZT-T stays!

Up for sale is my 2002 MG ZT-T. Unfortunately my commute to work is a 140 mile round trip and with the current price of petrol I'm going to have to switch to something small and diesel (boring).

I've owned it since January 2010, if I'm being honest she was a little unloved at that time but was mechanically very sound and was the best of the 4 or 5 that I test drove. I hate to see a car go unloved so over the next few months I brought the car back up to scratch with new brakes all around, a thorough service and the all important cambelt and water pump replacement (£500+). The old exhaust was also past it so I had a new stainless system fitted (made to standard specification and still nice and quiet) and I also bought and refurbished some Gridspoke alloys from the later ZTs.

In my opinion it's a smart looking car, especially in this price range. However, it's not without some blemishes; there are a number of small scuffs on 3 corners, a couple of small (but deep) scratches and quite a lot of stonechips. If you're after one in perfect cosmetic condition, this isn't for you. Disclosing these problems does make it sound worse than it really is but to be honest unless you're specifically looking for the marks it actually looks in really nice condition. The wheels were refurbished soon after I bought it and have no kerb marks, scratches or scuffs and are in tip top condition.

The interior is in good condition, though as with all the ZTs there is some wear on the driver's seat bolster. I'm not a smoker and I don't think any of the previous owners have been either so it smells fine.

For the ZT specific problems, there is a 'kick' in the power delivery at 3000rpm so I assume that the VIS motors are working. The cooling fans work as they should do and I've cleaned the plenum drains out regularly. The air conditioning blows nice and cold, though that could be hard to test in this weather so you'll have to take my word for it!

All in all it's a well maintained car in decent condition that has nearly 12 months MOT and over 6 months tax.

2.5 v6 190+
62,000 miles
Electric windows & mirrors
Half leather seats with blue inserts
Climate Control
18" 'Gridspoke' alloys in anthracite
Rear luggage cover and dog guard
Xenon headlights
Roof bars (though they are removed in the photos)
Tyres are in OK condition

Partial service history (pretty thin before I bought it though)
Recent ones in my ownership;
49800 miles - oil and filters, new brake discs and pads (front and rear)
52000 miles - full new exhaust
55000 miles - cambelts, spark plugs
60000 miles - oil and filters

MOT until December 2011
Tax until end July 2011

The photos are from the summer but I will be obtaining some new ones when I get chance to take some.

Looking for £2400, but would be interested in a trade for a small, economical diesel, in particular a Nissan Micra (I never thought I'd say that!!).

Last edited by simonej; 19th January 2011 at 05:50.. Reason: No longer for sale
simonej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 15:59   #2
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

That is a lovely looking car! Good luck with the sale
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 16:13   #3
simonej
Avid contributor

ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
That is a lovely looking car! Good luck with the sale
Thanks. For the price range of £1500 - £2500 cars I do feel there is very little to match a ZT! Indeed I really don't know what I'd replace it with if I wasn't being forced into it by the need for a small diesel.

I drove my girlfriend's car to work the other day (Peugeot 307 1.6D) and it was reading 58.7mpg. When you consider that it costs me about £28 to get to work in my car and £15 in hers it really does make sense to change. Despite the fact that the 307 is utterly rubbish in pretty much every way apart from being economical!
Old 9th January 2011, 22:22   #4
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Simon,
Have you considered swapping the ZTT for a diesel version or a 75 diesel estate? You could get a reasonable one for the same money, still have comfort and safety on your commute, and be getting 45-50 mpg.The road fund tax is cheaper too.Possibly insurance as well?

The difference in fuel versus the 307 I estimate to be roughly half a gallon a day [approx £2.50], but here are some roundings in there.

Hope your sale goes OKand you can find a pleasant way out of your conundrum.
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 22:33   #5
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Ever thought of a Rover 25 diesel? Excellent mpg and very sporty

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 22:52   #6
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Lovely looking car, deserves a good home, wish it was my home

Simon
Old 10th January 2011, 07:20   #7
simonej
Avid contributor

ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Ever thought of a Rover 25 diesel? Excellent mpg and very sporty
That is certainly an option and one I will have to look into. I have also considered the 75 diesel and if I can find one in decent condition that is also an option. The safety of a large car and the extra comfort is something can't be ignored especially when traveling long distances at high speed.

First things first though and that's to sell the ZT, though to be honest it's not the end of the world if it doesn't sell. My fuel bill for traveling to work last year was £2000 (I tend to only go in 2 or 3 times a week and then I'm often away with work for a couple of weeks at a time) so even if I double the economy and get 60mpg I 'only' save a grand or so. In the grand scheme of things I could easily go out and buy a different car and then have to spend £1000 getting it to a decent standard when I know my ZT is in decent condition as it is.

Look at me! I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it!
Old 10th January 2011, 10:21   #8
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonej View Post
That is certainly an option and one I will have to look into. I have also considered the 75 diesel and if I can find one in decent condition that is also an option. The safety of a large car and the extra comfort is something can't be ignored especially when traveling long distances at high speed.

First things first though and that's to sell the ZT, though to be honest it's not the end of the world if it doesn't sell. My fuel bill for traveling to work last year was £2000 (I tend to only go in 2 or 3 times a week and then I'm often away with work for a couple of weeks at a time) so even if I double the economy and get 60mpg I 'only' save a grand or so. In the grand scheme of things I could easily go out and buy a different car and then have to spend £1000 getting it to a decent standard when I know my ZT is in decent condition as it is.

Look at me! I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it!
You know it makes sense
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote