Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2023, 15:49   #611
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Thanks Bob, hope to catch you at Gaydon, I've got your details safe in my phone .
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2023, 16:47   #612
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Nice one Bob, it just goes to show that your shoes and slippers must be comfortable.

Safe journeying!
Fred
planenut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2023, 12:36   #613
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Gosh, we’ve had some bad news around here.

My neighbours who live around the corner to me have had there daughter pass away at the age of 48. She died from a brain tumour.

Next is the little old lady that lives a bit further down the road to me. She woke up one morning and couldn’t see. She managed to get dressed and downstairs then out of her front door, her neighbour’s front door is dead opposite hers so she got there and banged on the door. The neighbours phoned 999 and an ambulance arrived within 15 minutes. Sadly the blindness is permanent. Whilst in hospital she suffered a stroke and now has Covid. They are looking to move her to a home, if they can find one that will take her. Only 70, that’s no age. I’ve been told that she won’t be coming home.

Across the way from me there is a couple. Ray is 90 and still drives, his wife is 94 but gave up driving a few years ago. Just before Christmas they both got Covid. Ray has made a full recovery but the wife has now been diagnosed with Dementia. She no longer recognise’s her husband or there children. Again it’s thought she won’t be coming home.

Allen’s wife has been in hospital for 5 weeks with a bacterial infection of the spine, goes by the name of Discotis. More commonly found in children rather that the elderly. Happily though Val is responding to treatment and will be allowed home very soon. Allen has been getting the bus into the hospital at Derriford. He catches the bus at the top of the road and it drops him at the main entrance. Too expensive to take the car to park. £12 a day, and Allen is there every day.

The weather has been terrific down here, wall to wall sunshine for almost a week now. Ok to we get a thick frost first thing but I can live with that. Been able to get out and do some gardening.
A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to the latest Pocher model, Lotus 72D in JPS colours. It’s in kit form, made from metal, plastic, photo etched parts and rubber. I’ve built a few of the Pocher kits over the years but this one is a right pig. Some of the parts have the wrong numbers on, some of the screws are either too long or too short. Thank goodness for the spares box.

Still it will keep my mind on something positive.

Catch up soon.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 7th February 2023 at 12:39.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2023, 06:35   #614
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Just before last Christmas I bought myself a new pair of slippers. Needed a sturdy pair that would be able to cope with going to either my recycling box/dustbin. Bought a pair in Tesco’s in Callington. They have the Velcro strap across the top and are really comfortable.

So last week whilst getting ready to go shopping, I decided to put my pumps on. Took one slipper off and whilst I was tying the lace the phone rang. You can guess the rest. I went shopping with one dark blue slipper and one black pump on. I only noticed when I was in the store. Talk about feeling foolish. I just carried on with my shopping as if nothing was wrong.

When I got home there was another odd pair in the porch .

So it’s been 5 years since the decision to sell the flat in Barkingside and move to Saltash, and I have had no regrets in doing so. I might venture up in March towards London. It’s my brother in laws birthday in the third week. And I have yet to meet my great nephew Damien. Plus I like to go and see my god daughter Kirra, and lives in Earls Colne. I’ll be taking the wee car. Too far for Banana, anyway she’s not to keen on the Car Park aka M25.

A few people have been impressed with Bananas new headlining, happy with the comments. Showed it off last Sunday at the CMGOC breakfast meet at Trevaskis Farm Restaurant.
Hotel booked with the club to visit Gaydon for the 100th anniversary meet of MG cars. I know there are a few members on here that are going. We are travelling up on the Friday via the helicopter museum in Weston SuperMare. Then onto the hotel.

Saturday we will visit Gaydon, Saturday evening we are meeting up for a meal together. Then Sunday we will convoy to Bourton on the Water for lunch before making our way home. I’m looking forward to it, love being with CMGOC. Absolutely one of the best single make car clubs I have ever had the pleasure of joining. I’m their official photographer. And I have also been asked to take some photo’s for publication in a North American MG Club. Feel quite chuffed to be asked. Seems my reputation goes before me.

I was asked to attend a diabetes course via zoom. I have had type 2 for over 17 years. Now this course was over 3 Wednesdays in a row. Starting at 10.00-Noon.
The first week I was late logging on as I had gone with Allen to collect Banana from the MOT station, and we got held up coming home.
The 2nd week I couldn’t log on for nearly an hour, I had to keep phoning the team leader to find out what was wrong. And turned out to be her fault as she had given out the wrong email address to everyone. So we was all late to the party.
3rd week, I had to wait 15 minutes before someone noticed I was waiting to join.

So what did I learn from this. Absolutely nothing, all they went on about is the same thing they tell me every year. When I was first diagnosed with Type 2, I went on a course called DESMOND. Given lots of books to read. Whenever I go for my check ups I get given leaflets. So all the course done was to repeat everything I know.
And now they want me to go on another course via zoom about what to eat. I turned that one down. I know what is good and bad. It’s all down to common sense. Which I have except when putting on my shoes.

Nothing else to report, catch up soon.
Good morning Bob,

Thank you for your slipper story which reminded me:

When I was running an NHS care home in Hampstead for people with Alzheimer’s Disease, we had slippers and shoes with the Velcro across the top for the residents. This proved popular with the residents (service users) and staff.

I have been asked to be an MC at a wedding and won’t be wearing shoes with Velcro across the top
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2023, 20:41   #615
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool A bit of good news

Allen’s wife is out of hospital. Has to take 18 antibiotics a day. Going back for a check up in a months time. If ok then she will be able to cut back on the tablets.

My late godson’s daughter, Elizabeth, is making steady progress from long Covid. She phoned me on Saturday, I didn’t recognise the voice, she sounded so different. Almost her old self. So pleased that she is progressing so well. Her son is loving living in Portugal. Elizabeth is looking for a job, she was in the care industry.

My neighbour who is also in the care industry was made redundant after18 years service. I thought the care industry was in turmoil. Luckily she has found a new job but it’s not as good as the previous job.

Baby Black Banana suffered her first puncture today, I was able to get to the tyre shop before it went down completely. Got it fixed by the family run business. They even reset the tyre warning buzzer in the Fiesta. Happy with that.

So today is all good news.

Catch up soon.

onen hag oll
Old 5th March 2023, 15:51   #616
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Well, who would have thought it………….

……………………………. Not for one minute would I have thought that I would join in on a Sunday morning down at the Ashtorre Rock singing traditional Cornish songs on St.Piran’s day.

Yesterday I attended the St.Piran’s day parade in Redruth. The CMGOC put on a display of 14 MG’s in Alma Place. We convoyed in from the meeting up point in Camborne. It was a blooming cold day but a few well earned coffee’s and a hot pasty kept me warm. Lots of interest in our cars, even Banana had a photo taken with children taking a particular interest, nothing to do with Bertie Banana sitting in the passenger seat.

15.00 and we dismantled the flags and it was time to go on our various ways. We had the furthest to go. Got home and made a cuppa, checked the post. Drank the tea and we was out again to meet up with the Southwest crew for a meal at the Beefeater restaurant at Marsh Mills Plymouth.
And that is where I got talked into attending the Cornish sing-a-long. Going with Allen and Val.

I must admit I throughly enjoyed it, in fact so much I’m going back next week. And there was a raffle, never won anything although Val did. There is a tea bar there and the volunteers brought round a Cornish delicacy Saffron cake with Cornish butter, alas I cannot eat either so Allen had mine. More songs before the end of the session. But we was treated to a couple Cornish poems read out by the author.

Then more Cornish traditional food was brought round pasty followed by a scone, jam and cream. So another cuppa was needed.

Bloomin’ ‘ansum.

onen hag oll
Old 5th March 2023, 16:09   #617
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

My goodness Bob, you'll have to watch out for those piskies!
planenut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 09:05   #618
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

With over 81,000 views Bob, you have enough material for a book and a title:

“No going back now……..”

How about it?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 09:50   #619
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
With over 81,000 views Bob, you have enough material for a book and a title:

“No going back now……..”

How about it?

Never thought about it like that. Maybe one day.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:33   #620
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool On this day…………………

…………………………. 4 years ago I did something I had never done before. I bought my first house.

Absolutely no regrets in moving from the flat I was born in to my current location.

Nearly 5 years in Cornwall and I’m still discovering new places to visit, trying new foods and best of all meeting new friends.

onen hag oll