Notices

Old 21st June 2016, 08:42   #81
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Like watching paint dry. Wished I'd watched the Wales match. Hodgson will always have a problem managing all those testosterone fuelled egos whereas Coleman has a genuine team . Maybe Wales will be the Leicester City of the Euros - nice dream but could happen. I have a bet with my son England will never win a major championship in my lifetime. My money is well and truly safe
Think i will sound out the bookies about Scotland NEVER qualifying for a finals again .

Because we wont and i said it over ten years ago.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 09:14   #82
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Like watching paint dry. Wished I'd watched the Wales match. Hodgson will always have a problem managing all those testosterone fuelled egos whereas Coleman has a genuine team . Maybe Wales will be the Leicester City of the Euros - nice dream but could happen. I have a bet with my son England will never win a major championship in my lifetime. My money is well and truly safe
If you win your bet how will your son be able to pay you, you have been conned.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 09:17   #83
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Didn't think that one out!
Doh!
(PS its only a fiver)
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 11:16   #84
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I think England have played well so far and on balance of play could easily have won the two drawn games.I can't believe all the negativity,the only thing lacking is a little more finishing power.On another night the chances which fell to Sturidge,Vardy and Alli would all have been converted against Slovakia.Both the Slovak keeper and Skrtel had excellent games along with a little luck when they needed it.

Cheer up WE'RE THROUGH

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 11:26   #85
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Overpaid pampered prima donna's. Can never accept a referees decision, have egos bigger than their brains and if I hear one more commentator telling me they are "tired" I'll go nuts. They are nowhere near as fit as they reckon. How come Federer can play five sets without breaking a sweat (and then the same a day after) and this motley crew give up the ghost after 60 minutes. For all the money they earn they are certainly poor value for money.They were poor last night period. Wales were far better and certainly have fewer "stars" than the England team. Lets face it it isn't a team at all its a ragbag assembly of overpaid egos who think thats enough to succeed. There no "I" in TEAM - they would do well to remember that.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 11:46   #86
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Overpaid pampered prima donna's. Can never accept a referees decision, have egos bigger than their brains and if I hear one more commentator telling me they are "tired" I'll go nuts. They are nowhere near as fit as they reckon. How come Federer can play five sets without breaking a sweat (and then the same a day after) and this motley crew give up the ghost after 60 minutes. For all the money they earn they are certainly poor value for money.They were poor last night period. Wales were far better and certainly have fewer "stars" than the England team. Lets face it it isn't a team at all its a ragbag assembly of overpaid egos who think thats enough to succeed. There no "I" in TEAM - they would do well to remember that.
Excellent rant ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I think England have played well so far and on balance of play could easily have won the two drawn games.I can't believe all the negativity,the only thing lacking is a little more finishing power.On another night the chances which fell to Sturidge,Vardy and Alli would all have been converted against Slovakia.Both the Slovak keeper and Skrtel had excellent games along with a little luck when they needed it.

Cheer up WE'RE THROUGH
Dont want to worry you but John Mottson was punting the Accountant as a replacement for Hodgson..

Last edited by Dragrad; 30th June 2016 at 00:39.. Reason: Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
Old 21st June 2016, 14:25   #87
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Dont want to worry you but John Mottson was punting the Accountant as a replacement for Hodgson..
It worries me more that he is being allowed to deliver more of the same

Need to borrow Abramovich for the weekend!

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:57   #88
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Just tuning into the Wales V Northern Ireland match. I think it's going to be tight. Wouldn't surprise me if it went to penalties.

What an awful match. Kind of what I predicted.

Last edited by Dragrad; 30th June 2016 at 00:39.. Reason: Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 17:42   #89
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
What an awful match. Kind of what I predicted.
To be honest the whole competition has been poor.

Maybe too many teams from the British isles.
Old 25th June 2016, 19:22   #90
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Wales through with a narrow victory. Both sides were very poor, especially Northern Ireland. Own goal decided in the end but a very good cross fro, Gareth Bale which caused it. Again, he proves to be the difference.

Now tuned in to the Croatia V Portugal game. Hopefully it will be more entertaining. Hope Croatia get one over Portugal. I want to see Ronaldo cry, little baby that he is.
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote