Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th August 2011, 13:56   #71
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Don't know if this is feasible or not but, years ago temperature guages were often fitted as an 'extra', because there was no sensor one was added to the radiator fins then wired back to the new guage. With the K engine ideally need as you say to monitor coolant level, but until a system for this is available, wouldn't a more accurate second guage be a worthwhile addition?

I know you you can use the onboard diagnostics, but that needs resetting after you stop, a second guage would be there always.
Chips
chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 15:39   #72
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Hi Guys this is similar to what I had in mind http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?criteria=car+temperature+sensors - another board, easily hidden, and a simple switch mounted somehere on radiator fins, the output could operate a light that's immediatley obvious when temperature reaches critical. As it's adjustable that shouldn't be a problem in setting. Not as good as a coolant level indicator light, but perhaps next best thing?
Chips
chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 18:05   #73
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
Don't know if this is feasible or not but, years ago temperature guages were often fitted as an 'extra', because there was no sensor one was added to the radiator fins then wired back to the new guage. With the K engine ideally need as you say to monitor coolant level, but until a system for this is available, wouldn't a more accurate second guage be a worthwhile addition?

I know you you can use the onboard diagnostics, but that needs resetting after you stop, a second guage would be there always.
Chips
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=14208

Just as an add on, some years later, this is the only gauge I use, it works fine. However, I would find a feed for the light that goes over the dimmer function, so that the light can be dimmed with the instrument cluster. It can be a bit distracting when reversing in the dark, as the light shines in the side glass when you want to use the outside mirror.

Last edited by kaiser; 20th August 2011 at 18:09..
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote