Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2010, 09:00   #71
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Does this happen automatically?

So far as I am aware and based upon what other satnav's do - YES.

It looks at the delays listed by the TMC when initially calculating the route, then if there is a change in the TMC data, does a recalculation of the route. You need to do nothing other than drive and follow its directions.

Hopefully solutions are being found but it does seem to have caused radio reception issues for a number of people.

Only the ones with issues will complain about their issues, those without any problems generally say nothing.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 09:32   #72
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

More confused now Just been to check my non diversity amp and am getting 12v to it. Removed the connection and FM signal did not change mmmmm faulty amp me thinks. Changed to 5 live and nothing but hissing, reconnected power and once again perfect

Could the amp be faulty for FM only???
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 09:37   #73
apk1

Hyundai Santa Fe but used to be an ignition blue Zt-t

[QUOTE=HarryM1BYT;612173]Does this happen automatically?

It looks at the delays listed by the TMC when initially calculating the route, then if there is a change in the TMC data, does a recalculation of the route. You need to do nothing other than drive and follow its directions.

/QUOTE]

IGO8/primo gives you the option to automatically reroute, or ask you first, recommend you set it to ask you, otherwise it may automatically reroute past longterm roadworks etc, which although cause no holdups show as a traffic item.
apk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 11:14   #74
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

[QUOTE=apk1;612188]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Does this happen automatically?

/QUOTE]

IGO8/primo gives you the option to automatically reroute, or ask you first, recommend you set it to ask you, otherwise it may automatically reroute past longterm roadworks etc, which although cause no holdups show as a traffic item.
Thanks for that guys,seems i will be needing TMC.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 11:39   #75
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

[QUOTE=VVC-Geeza;612229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apk1 View Post

Thanks for that guys,seems i will be needing TMC.
Yes the answer providing you have IGO or Primo and the head unit has built in TMC (and some other SAT Nav programs) it will automatically reroute around the hold up, (I.E traffic, roadworks or an incident, or as they used to be called a accident).

Primo will go one stage futher, you can set it to only detour, if the hold up is more than a pre-set time I.E if its more than 5 minutes or 10 minutes off your original route, this can be better as the hold up might only be 3 minutes extra on your trip, but if you are diverted off, a motorway for example, it might take you an extra 10-15 minutes with the detour route, how clever is that.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 12:38   #76
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post

Yes the answer providing you have IGO or Primo and the head unit has built in TMC (and some other SAT Nav programs) it will automatically reroute around the hold up, (I.E traffic, roadworks or an incident, or as they used to be called a accident).

Primo will go one stage futher, you can set it to only detour, if the hold up is more than a pre-set time I.E if its more than 5 minutes or 10 minutes off your original route, this can be better as the hold up might only be 3 minutes extra on your trip, but if you are diverted off, a motorway for example, it might take you an extra 10-15 minutes with the detour route, how clever is that.
Thank you Tony

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 12:47   #77
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone View Post
More confused now Just been to check my non diversity amp and am getting 12v to it. Removed the connection and FM signal did not change mmmmm faulty amp me thinks. Changed to 5 live and nothing but hissing, reconnected power and once again perfect

What was thought to be the amp, on further checking is the TV diversity amp plus some other (yet to be indentified) unit - so where is the none diversity amp located? Found it - nearside behind the D pillor cover.

It amplifies both for AM and FM, but not by very much. I don't normally use AM, but it is not really useable anyway - AM has no signals at all without the amp powered and not much better with it connected. The DD unit itself seems to generate an awful lot of digital noise, which leaks through into the receiver front end. Methinks the Rover radio antenna system is pathetic and the cause of much of the problems.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 6th November 2010 at 13:32.. Reason: updated
Old 6th November 2010, 12:54   #78
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone View Post

Just for information - I would seem to have some sort of issue with Radio 2. Reception is vary whilst stationary - it is going from perfect reception to total noise. Change channels and back it is perfect again - I'm wondering if I might have a problem with the amp or coax too.

Old 9th November 2010, 06:27   #79
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikTheGeek View Post
Fixed my reception issues with my Pioneer stereo (in another post) as I spotted that the wire that connects to the antenna amp in the BMW plug wasn't connecting to anything via the ISO converter. I connected the 12v sub output from the stereo to the antenna amp connector and voila, perfect LW and MW reception. No idea if the amp will automatically select the different antenna elements depending on signal strength, I suppose that depends on if the radio fed back a signal to the amp or if the amp's circuitry did it all. But either way, good reception now.

So, as far as the DD's go, do your ISO/BMW adapters supply 12v to the amp?
Which wire is the 12V power for the antenna amp on the BMW plug?

I am wondering if this is the problem Sean's double din unit

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 07:05   #80
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Which wire is the 12V power for the antenna amp on the BMW plug?

I am wondering if this is the problem Sean's double din unit

If this gets sorted out perhaps a seperate "How To" thread please.

Edd