Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2014, 21:58   #71
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Aww thanks Herman, I've come over all warm!
Sorry mark that's an age thing

Rob
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 22:11   #72
John Newey
Regular poster

MG ZT400, MG SV-R and MG RV8

Any supercharged MG ZT V8 is a real rarity (maybe less than 30 in total ?). Being over £7k to have a Kenne Bell 2.1l twin screw supercharger fitted today means that anyone seen for sale at less than £10k is a REAL bargain! AND much much rarer than a standard ZT-T 260.
It's all about what the purchaser wants and expects and how desperate rhe seller is! If you spent £7k having a supercharger fitted to a circa £7000-£8000 MG ZT V8, then you would expect that the car would fetch a lot more?
John Newey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 22:23   #73
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Now if I was selling and hopefully that will not happen I would have to consider the other options. Is it a V8 or is it just performance? If its the second we are done for! There are many cars that will show a clean pair of heals to a 260 and there values are dropping all the time some are even diesels!

Now if the need is a V8 things look a little brighter. This is down to running costs and fun factor, its why you need a V8 somewhere in your life. This is when the MG looks like the smart move. Limited supply (and decreasing) cheap Ford,bmw and Rover parts there is no need to mention fuel as this must be discounted.

Now the options are limited, Jag, BMW Merc are the cheaper first point options. None do it like the MG only the Monaro is in the frame for fun and costs.

I prefer the MG, six years on still think I choose the right car for me. I bought for £10.5k way back then with new tyres just service and history and only 18 months old. So even with low valuation say £4.5k thats only £1000 devaluation each year. Pick one up for £5-7K ITS A LOT OF FUN FOR LITTLE MONEY!!!!
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 20:06   #74
mohair
Regular poster

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT+ CDTI

It's always the right time to buy a 260! Get one you will be extremely happy. If anything prices are holding and increasing. Had mine 2 1/2 years now and I could sell it for the price I paid.

Do it you know it makes sense. For the price bracket it's the best around.
mohair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 21:23   #75
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohair View Post
It's always the right time to buy a 260! Get one you will be extremely happy. If anything prices are holding and increasing. Had mine 2 1/2 years now and I could sell it for the price I paid.
Have to agree!

No noticeable drop in prices on these in the last two years!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 07:34   #76
BlueMustang
Regular poster

MGZTT190 biomorphic green,MGZTT190 trophy blue 2001,Rover SD1 VDP 1981,Rover V8-S 1979,Mini 25

Quote:
As a Supercharged ZT-T with 31,000 miles on it has just sold for £8,995, you may have a long wait for a buyer!
It went for a little bit less than the asking price in the end but as I'd only had two enquiries in about three weeks I don't think it was underpriced.

Although being a base model was a bonus for me and the buyer,I think most people would want an SE and would pay maybe a grand more if it was.

Did you get your good news?Are you in a position to buy a 260 yet?
BlueMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 08:06   #77
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMustang View Post
It went for a little bit less than the asking price in the end but as I'd only had two enquiries in about three weeks I don't think it was underpriced.

Although being a base model was a bonus for me and the buyer,I think most people would want an SE and would pay maybe a grand more if it was.

Did you get your good news?Are you in a position to buy a 260 yet?
From my experience of watching used V8 prices, non-SE's usually make much closer to £500 less than an SE rather than £1,000!

Sadly, the news I was expecting on Monday of last week didn't arrive until Thursday and it wasn't the news I wanted, so looks like unless something changes, I won't become a V8 owner for another 21 months!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 08:28   #78
BlueMustang
Regular poster

MGZTT190 biomorphic green,MGZTT190 trophy blue 2001,Rover SD1 VDP 1981,Rover V8-S 1979,Mini 25

Quote:
From my experience of watching used V8 prices, non-SE's usually make much closer to £500 less than an SE rather than £1,000!

Sadly, the news I was expecting on Monday of last week didn't arrive until Thursday and it wasn't the news I wanted, so looks like unless something changes, I won't become a V8 owner for another 21 months!
I would agree with you on most sales nearer the £500 mark but if someone is buying a supercharged car they have a larger budget and are probably more likely to expect all the extras on the car and be willing and able to pay that bit extra for them.

Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for.
BlueMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 20:52   #79
combey1985
Avid contributor

ZT 190 X - Power Grey & ZR TD Anthracite

I have been looking at the V8s over the last couple of weeks. My 190 is going to come off the road in the next couple of months and ill be using my ZR Derv as a daily commuter.

Im thinking of giving the 190 a bit of a tidy up and TLC before selling it.

Just means a space in the garage can be filled with either a V8 260 or a jet ski.....

Only issue i can see with the V8s IS the difference in value. i have not found an accurate source of valuation and we all know that the cars are either priced right or massively overboard.

Its a shame the owners believe the cars are worth more than they actually are.

Im sure we have all seen that red V8 on ebay up for 10k which is a "prototype" which in fact looks in a worse state than my ZT.
combey1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2014, 05:20   #80
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by combey1985 View Post
I have been looking at the V8s over the last couple of weeks. My 190 is going to come off the road in the next couple of months and ill be using my ZR Derv as a daily commuter.

Im thinking of giving the 190 a bit of a tidy up and TLC before selling it.

Just means a space in the garage can be filled with either a V8 260 or a jet ski.....

Only issue i can see with the V8s IS the difference in value. i have not found an accurate source of valuation and we all know that the cars are either priced right or massively overboard.

Its a shame the owners believe the cars are worth more than they actually are.

Im sure we have all seen that red V8 on ebay up for 10k which is a "prototype" which in fact looks in a worse state than my ZT.
Well then, good luck with your new jet ski!
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote