Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th September 2017, 20:24   #7201
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

75 not moved for a few weeks so Mrs sworks used it today, strange scraping noise from the rear drivers side when turning left so it was driven round the block and substituted by the MINI. Looks like I'm taking it to work tomorrow to get it up in the air for a looking at. The rear arms have seen better days but nothing obvious when crawling underneath it. Why does it always misbehave when I'm not driving

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 20:58   #7202
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Collected Rover from garage, took him in for waxoyl, looking underneath tonight looks like a brand new car, shiny black, feel like putting mirrors all round to show his underside off. Fantastic job, should ensure rust free for a few more years.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 09:56   #7203
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Dropped the 1.8T off to have new brake pipes fitted, then sadly took a load of parts from the garage and dumped them at the local tip..... before anyone says anything, I tried giving them away ages ago and had no takers.

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 17:21   #7204
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

I did my annual service today.

New oil. Got to use my new 9L drain pan.

New oil Filter. Nice to have a new seal and sump washer in the box, but why does the washer never fit. Lucky I have a pack of spares.

New air filter. And the filter housing went back on at the first attempt.

Checked the plenum drain tubes by sticking my finger in them and got the all clear.

Refit the under tray and replaced a couple of the fittings and greased them all.

Removed and checked the lower engine mount and it still looks good.
DSC_0199.jpg

I had planned to do the pollen filter and machine polish the headlights but rain was on it's way and a bottle of Hobgoblin was calling.
Old 7th September 2017, 18:14   #7205
mr m
Avid contributor

mg zt 180 +. rover 200 diesel

this week i have replaced a leaking rear exhaust camshaft seal, i had been meaning to do it for a long time now as it has been weeping a bit of oil that suddenly turned into a big leak. i then found that my breather pipes had split on the t piece so ordered new ones and replaced them, a big thanks to matt at dmgrs for the quick delivery, and today i refitted the ipk that was de lined and sorted for me by rick-sta very quickly, a big thanks to rick as well.

mark.
mr m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 18:36   #7206
billatllandudno
Regular poster

rover 75 cdti contemporary se tourer

Default windscreen washer

Windscreen washers packed in yesterday I could hear motor whining but no fluid from jets, so today decided to sort it out took nearly an hour to get one stubborn self tapper out just to gain access to pump, pump easy to get off found the filter solid with gunge from cheap washer fluid cleaned out tank and flushed through thoroughly never again will I buy cheap cr-p, reassembled everything and tried washer wow best they have ever been nearly blew hole in windscreen job done.
Also fitted chrome skull caps which I had for ages, adjusted handbrake at both rear wheels holding on second click now after fitting R53 mini cable, fitted set of crowns and tyres from scrappie only cost £50 good tyres as well while I get round to re-furbing my Starspokes need to find paint to match original colour now busy day all in all then rain stopped play, need guinness now can hear it calling from fridge
billatllandudno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 13:19   #7207
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Took my 'spare' car, KV6 connie SE, for mot after standing idle for 15 months. Only failed on front brake pipes (see separate post) and excessive handbrake movement.

Rear wheel bearing got an advisory despite sounding awful when driving - didn't want to exceed 40mph, and couldn't hear the engine. Rusting rear sill was not mentioned.

Had the opportunity to look underneath to see extensive rusting of the subframes and underside of the body, so concude that I'll get another year out of it then break, which was the original intention of buying it in the first place.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 14:59   #7208
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Had the exhaust from a 2.0 fitted to my car (at least I think it is that one....) but it was rubbing the anti-roll bar at the rear.

Took it to a friend who is a welder, who made things a lot worse...
So now thinking about either getting another new backbox, or get a professional to fix his NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- ups.
Old 8th September 2017, 16:37   #7209
Bogbrush82

BMW X3 2.0D

Had a go at tarting up my engine bay.

Nowhere near as shiny as others on here, but I'm relatively happy with it.
Old 8th September 2017, 17:03   #7210
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Had to replace both front tyres on Banana after running over some debris after the huge crash on the M11. One tyre had a huge cut on the edge of the tread, t'other had a piece of metal stuck in the tread. I never noticed till this morning.

And woke The Bear out of it's slumber and took it for a run. Still love the noise.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote