Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th June 2024, 14:32   #711
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thank you Bob.

This blog is about you, your life, thoughts and feelings. There are no rules about how many times you post or what the content is, as its your creation 100% and because of that, it’s special and interesting to anyone following your story.

I am sorry to hear you had another fall and you’re missing Val, thank you for telling us.

I know how difficult it is to be open and to share these moments in the public arena, but from personal experience, the ones I have lost and loved over the years and some a long way off in distance, are never far from my mind and one day we will be reunited, a comforting thought.

Do take care, post as and when.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2024, 15:46   #712
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

All the best, Bob. If we moved away from London l doubt that we'd come back much, especially from Cornwall.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2024, 19:44   #713
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

It’s been nearly 18 months since I last used my oven, since I bought the air fryer the oven has become redundant. But the air fryer has now broke. Went to turn it on and the knob snapped off. But the oven has stayed turned off. As the steak I was going to cook went under the grill instead. I tried to repair the knob on the air fryer but I couldn’t find the bit that has snapped off.

So I ordered a new one, and it was here in 48 hours. So tonight I tried it and works just as good as the old one, but has no knobs. It’s all digital buttons. And still the oven remains unused.

I finally spoke to Michael yesterday. He is still waiting for the plasterwork to be finished, he was waiting when I visited last August. My niece Laura and her partner have decided to move out of London after all. They are looking at property in Hertfordshire. So Michael gets time to spend with his grandson. He said that I won’t recognise the house or the gardens when I come up next. I didn’t say I had no intention of travelling up, well not for a while yet.

My neighbour Sheila husband George sadly passed away last Sunday, but such a release for all. He was in a bad way with the big C. Sheila has only just come out of hospital after her operation on her knee went wrong. And on top of that her mum has had a stroke, but she is in a home so is being looked after.

My god son’s daughter Elizabeth who was living in Portugal with her new man is now living in South Africa in Capetown. The new man in her life is English and was teaching English in a school in Portugal but took up a new job in Capetown. So Elizabeth and her son went with him. Elizabeth’s sort of in laws, her late husband’s to be parents, are not amused that she has left. After all they pulled up their roots to move to Portugal for Elizabeth’s health. She was suffering from long Covid.

Elizabeth phoned me to tell me the news, and the full story came out. I have no say in the matter nor will I take sides and told Elizabeth this. She said she understood. She also said that her Uncle Roger was still living in Brazil and now was standing as a politician in the local elections. Again I’m not really interested.

My life is now here in Cornwall. I’m involved with a few local groups covering photography, model making and car shows.
Banana is still running sweet. Just back from our Welsh trip with the CMGOC and next week we are off to the Bluebird Memorial Meet up in Lincolnshire.

I might venture a bit further North a bit later in the year. More on that later.

Thanks for reading. Look out for more updates.

234,780. Next tour starts on the 5/07/24.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote