Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2011, 21:48   #6511
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
I loved that scouse comedian who told the story about the German Fockers bombing his house
Yeah, but those Fockers were Messerschmitts..........
Old 5th January 2011, 21:49   #6512
carl
Posted a thing or two

MG ZS 180, MGF 75th Aniversary and Kirsts ZT CDTi 135+, MG ZT-T CDTi

theres a thing on telly about Caravans and every bit of archive they show has a Rover (or Austin) pulling a caravan
Old 5th January 2011, 21:51   #6513
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl View Post
Germans - Bombed our chip shop
Zee Germans bombed everybody's chip shop.........
Old 5th January 2011, 21:51   #6514
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl View Post
Wrong \Epworth Flyer thats Liecestershire - youve missed by 120 miles
damn
Old 5th January 2011, 21:52   #6515
baughurst
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T, MGB, OH's MG ZT-T

Default Especially for Flyer

Two sets of photos, first set taken about a week after I bought it and the 2nd set taken during summer 2010.

Bog standard under the bonnet when I bought it.

Awful home-made wood rim wheel and standard metal gear knob with overdrive switch set into it. Interesting driving as, if you were touching the metal spokes of the wheel and the gear knob, you'd get a belt due to the overdrive wires having chafed. A common fault. No radio or speakers fitted.

Must get round to fitting the boot badge that I bought two weeks after I bought the car!

Original number plate position blocks off the bottom of the radiator grille and about 1/4 of the radiator at the bottom.

Current under bonnet view with 1-2-3 fully electronic distributor and sports coil, K&N filter elements in the original cans. The new wiring on the left of the picture is for the Kenlowe fan. The original electric fan uses a motor that looks as if it came from a Kenwood food mixer with a toy blade probably from a Lego Teknix kit. It's in front of the radiator and blocks about 1/8 of the rad at the top. The Kenlowe goes between the rad and the engine, a much better idea.

New steering wheel and wood gear knob. The overdrive switch is now on the right of the dash (out of view) where it was on the earlier cars. Kenwood DAB radio fitted, you can just see a speaker pod on the passenger side close to where their shins would be. No aerial in any of the pictures as I use a mag mount DAB aerial on the bootlid. Clock on the console replaced with a voltmeter as the radio has a clock on the display.

Still haven't fitted the boot badge!

New front number plate, this allows far more air to the rad and makes driving in traffic much easier as the engine stays cool, more or less. Number plate can be refitted in 5 minutes for the MoT. Makes the front of the car look much cleaner as well,

For some strange reason, the previous owner lowered the rear but not the front. That's one of the planned jobs for this year. Along with refurbished carbs, 3 branch manifold, the silicon cooling hoses I've had for a year, and the boot badge!!!

Interesting reflection, looks like the side is creased but I think it's a reflection of me taking the picture.

Old 5th January 2011, 21:52   #6516
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Zee Germans bombed everybody's chip shop.........
zee great big puddings
Old 5th January 2011, 21:56   #6517
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baughurst View Post
Two sets of photos, first set taken about a week after I bought it and the 2nd set taken during summer 2010.

Bog standard under the bonnet when I bought it.

Awful home-made wood rim wheel and standard metal gear knob with overdrive switch set into it. Interesting driving as, if you were touching the metal spokes of the wheel and the gear knob, you'd get a belt due to the overdrive wires having chafed. A common fault. No radio or speakers fitted.

Must get round to fitting the boot badge that I bought two weeks after I bought the car!

Original number plate position blocks off the bottom of the radiator grille and about 1/4 of the radiator at the bottom.

Current under bonnet view with 1-2-3 fully electronic distributor and sports coil, K&N filter elements in the original cans. The new wiring on the left of the picture is for the Kenlowe fan. The original electric fan uses a motor that looks as if it came from a Kenwood food mixer with a toy blade probably from a Lego Teknix kit. It's in front of the radiator and blocks about 1/8 of the rad at the top. The Kenlowe goes between the rad and the engine, a much better idea.

New steering wheel and wood gear knob. The overdrive switch is now on the right of the dash (out of view) where it was on the earlier cars. Kenwood DAB radio fitted, you can just see a speaker pod on the passenger side close to where their shins would be. No aerial in any of the pictures as I use a mag mount DAB aerial on the bootlid. Clock on the console replaced with a voltmeter as the radio has a clock on the display.

Still haven't fitted the boot badge!

New front number plate, this allows far more air to the rad and makes driving in traffic much easier as the engine stays cool, more or less. Number plate can be refitted in 5 minutes for the MoT. Makes the front of the car look much cleaner as well,

For some strange reason, the previous owner lowered the rear but not the front. That's one of the planned jobs for this year. Along with refurbished carbs, 3 branch manifold, the silicon cooling hoses I've had for a year, and the boot badge!!!

Interesting reflection, looks like the side is creased but I think it's a reflection of me taking the picture.

what a WEE cracker kelvin , you will be hoping for a good summer so you can get her out and about .

Looks totally fabulous and a credit to you .
Old 5th January 2011, 22:00   #6518
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
I did too...Maybe it's some sick joke...lmso. Poppy
I went to the Doc with an hereditary problem. "What's wrong with you", he asked. I replied, "I have severe diarrhea". "That's not hereditary", said he. "It's in my jeans", said I.
Old 5th January 2011, 22:02   #6519
carl
Posted a thing or two

MG ZS 180, MGF 75th Aniversary and Kirsts ZT CDTi 135+, MG ZT-T CDTi

Has she got a V8 Vallance on her Kelvin ?

We took the Zs to meet her Grandparents on new years day

Our ZS if Far right tucked on the end
Old 5th January 2011, 22:02   #6520
baughurst
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T, MGB, OH's MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
what a WEE cracker kelvin , you will be hoping for a good summer so you can get her out and about .

Looks totally fabulous and a credit to you .

I'd settle for a summer similar to last year. Used it almost everyday from 1st week in April until the end of August.