Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th November 2017, 22:22   #51
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Just because you don't want to watch Latvian TV's Strictly Come Dancing doesn't mean no one else does
OK ..............

(What the **** am I supposed to infer from that? )
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 22:25   #52
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

I still think we were better off in the 1st class carriage having a wee out of the window rather than driving between stations trying desperately to wee into the window but the British people know best

I think really we actually need better politicians but that's not going to happen either

Last edited by mystabe; 17th November 2017 at 22:28..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 22:27   #53
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
OK ..............

(What the **** am I supposed to infer from that? )

Infer nothing, I tried, and failed, to find a clip
Old 17th November 2017, 22:32   #54
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
I still think we were better off in the 1st class carriage having a wee out of the window rather than driving between stations trying desperately to wee in the window but the British people know best

I think really we actually need better politicians but that's not going to happen either
I have no idea what you are talking about - sorry but you seem to have truly lost the plot -

Now I have to go and pee out out the window.

I just hope that no one is walking below later tonight when my Beef Madras and 7 pints of Ringwood 49’er have the inevitable effect and I decide to use the window rather than the loo.
Old 17th November 2017, 22:34   #55
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Infer nothing, I tried, and failed, to find a clip
Unruly hair is such a nuisance is it not
Old 17th November 2017, 22:44   #56
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

lol

so go on, Sovereignty, we leave the EU and the British Parliament makes the rules (apart obviously from the thousands they've just copied wholesale from the EU rule book without telling anyone). All governments are the same basically and never really listen to the people they are governing, unless they mess up in a big way, SO how exactly are we going to have more accountability post EU? Won't they just carry on doing what they have been doing?
Old 17th November 2017, 22:51   #57
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
lol

so go on, Sovereignty, we leave the EU and the British Parliament makes the rules (apart obviously from the thousands they've just copied wholesale from the EU rule book without telling anyone). All governments are the same basically and never really listen to the people they are governing, unless they mess up in a big way, SO how exactly are we going to have more accountability post EU? Won't they just carry on doing what they have been doing?
Not familiar with the ECB - or the European Commission ( to name just two!) I take it.......
Old 17th November 2017, 22:53   #58
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Not familiar with the ECB - or the European Commission ( to name just two!) I take it.......
Yes, both - now answer the question

What are John Smith (made redundant 20 years ago because he broke his back in a shipyard accident and about to be assessed by a Universal Credit advisor) from Sunderland or Paul Jones from Portsmouth (who has 3 kids, he works part time and looks after the children but his wife works as an office administrator and they have just had their child benefit cut by £3000 a year) and both staunch Brexit advocates actually personally going to gain from Sovereignty when the political system hasn't actually changed?

Last edited by mystabe; 17th November 2017 at 23:14..
Old 17th November 2017, 23:07   #59
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Yes, both - now answer the question

What is John Smith from Sunderland (or Paul Jones from Portsmouth) actually going to gain from Sovereignty when the political system hasn't actually changed?
Not changed?

May I refer you to the influence both the ECB and the EU Commission has on U.K. law.

What John an Paul will gain is the ability to vote for the law makers that affect them. Currently the European Commisioners - an unelected body can write into statute laws not debated in our HoC’s or the HoL’s

And if you want an idea of Soverignty within the EU - ask someone in Greece what they think of what the ECB did to their economy.

The ECB dictated policy in Greece against the expressed wishes of the democratically elected Greek Government.

If the above does not bother you - then IMO - it ruddy well should!
Old 17th November 2017, 23:24   #60
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Not changed?

What John an Paul will gain is the ability to vote for the law makers that affect them. Currently the European Commisioners - an unelected body can write into statute laws not debated in our HoC’s or the HoL’s

And if you want an idea of Soverignty within the EU - ask someone in Greece what they think of what the ECB did to their economy.

The ECB dictated policy in Greece against the expressed wishes of the democratically elected Greek Government.

If the above does not bother you - then IMO - it ruddy well should!
As I said I understand. The ability to vote means nothing though does it - apart from the ability to vote. Most people wouldn't bother would they, even in Greece at the time very few people would have even if they had the opportunity.