Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2014, 18:52   #51
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

My initial ineptitude in smd soldering has I think killed the IC, (although I've only tested on the bench). I connected 12v DC and setup the 5v supply as per the instructions. Then I tested for the supply that would go to the Pi and found the 5v there. I was expecting that if everything was correct and undamaged that this should shut off after the timeout period. It didn't. ( I did power the board up and down, both with and without the IBUS connected to voltage as well). I guess that although all the soldering looks good now that I (over)heated the IC too many times trying to clean up my initial mess. I haven't given up though, just taken a little break from it. I've still got the second kit, I think I'm going to have a go at that next week. I'll get a friend (who's got the right kit) to remove the chip of the first board and source a replacement and get it programmed, so I should then have two working boards. (fingers crossed).

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 20:55   #52
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Haven't had the time I'd hoped to get on with this, due to currently replacing front springs following a breakage. I haven't forgotten.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 8th June 2014, 11:28   #53
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quick update, just finished assembling the second pibus board last night and things are looking a little better, I'll hope to get some testing done this coming week. Household diy getting in the way at the moment

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 15th June 2014, 07:20   #54
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Didn't work first try, but managed to trace the problem to a lack of power to the processor. Re flowed a couple of joints and it now powers on when ibus goes high, and powers off when ibid earthed for several minutes. All good so far. I'll have to sort out the software side next.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 28th June 2014, 12:59   #55
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Disappointed, tested in the car, there's so much noise from the power supply that can't get a stable picture on the screen, also not working to switch the screen input between rpi an radio. Think I'm going to cut my losses and shelve it, I'll go back to my original plan.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 19th January 2015, 00:17   #56
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

At the risk of a thread revival, I have just ordered a Pibus kit. I like the implementation, and I am happy to keep playing with the thing to get it working.

I don't mind changing some code here and there to use up some of our useless buttons, I'm thinking some of the tape functions are begging to be used for something more useful.

I look forward to it regardless. Bout' time the R40 got some Pibus hackery.
Old 19th January 2015, 12:31   #57
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Keep us posted as to how you get on, I would have persevered but for the interference being caused by the power supply.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 19th January 2015, 18:20   #58
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

I shall do, if I experience the same issues I will try separate power supplies etc.

Out of interest, you set the Pi to NTSC didn't you? I remember having to choose an NTSC reverse camera when I was buying mine. Just a thought, not an insult. I'll bet you I forget to set it when I first try it.