Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2010, 18:56   #561
Mont

Rover 75 CDT Club SE + Synergy 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulads View Post
thanks very much for the offer...but i have ordered one anyway - it should be delivered tomorrow...by the way - how do you rate the synergy 2 ? i was thinking about getting one of those as well...
No probs. The Synergy 2 makes a huge difference in performance from standstill and through the gears. Most importently pulling away from standstill/roundabouts etc, the CDT is really poor in that department. Plenty of settings which you can play with to taylor how you drive and compensate for a dodgy MAF.
Although if I am honest because my MAF was OK, the cheaper one I am going to put on ebay worked just as good, although there are no settings to play with, just plug it in and away you go.
Old 13th February 2010, 08:55   #562
paulads
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont View Post
No probs. The Synergy 2 makes a huge difference in performance from standstill and through the gears. Most importently pulling away from standstill/roundabouts etc, the CDT is really poor in that department. Plenty of settings which you can play with to taylor how you drive and compensate for a dodgy MAF.
Although if I am honest because my MAF was OK, the cheaper one I am going to put on ebay worked just as good, although there are no settings to play with, just plug it in and away you go.
Hmmm...very interesting...is it a synergy 1 that you'll be putting on EBAY ?
Old 13th February 2010, 09:49   #563
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

anyone figured out how to connect headrest dvd screens to this unit?
Old 13th February 2010, 10:07   #564
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenonix View Post
anyone figured out how to connect headrest dvd screens to this unit?
I just connected a phono lead to each monitors control box via a splitter cable to the Vout 1 plug.

The lead from the monitors were routed down the inside of the seats to the control box wich was under the passenger seat.

Didn't bother with seperate sound, powered with a seperate feed and ground.

Worked very well before I took them out.

Andy

Sorry just realised you are talking about dvd screens not monitors.

Last edited by Ajd1; 13th February 2010 at 10:08.. Reason: realised my mistake
Old 13th February 2010, 11:10   #565
paulads
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Thumbs up fitted

Quote:
My dvd/satnav etc arrived today from Hualingan...i haven't fitted it yet...getting a new battery fitted tomorrow - the old one won't hold it's charge - i'll post my thoughts after i have it all fitted and working.
I fitted the Hualingan unit this morning - after I'd put my new battery on - it works a treat - straight out of the box - igo8 seems really good...it plays music over bluetooth and connects voice calls too...very happy so far...good value for the £320 it cost me
Old 15th February 2010, 10:13   #566
paulads
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
I fitted the Hualingan unit this morning - after I'd put my new battery on - it works a treat - straight out of the box - igo8 seems really good...it plays music over bluetooth and connects voice calls too...very happy so far...good value for the £320 it cost me
Steering controls don't work on mine...that's the only major drawback that i've found...i had a look on a few of the forums about splicing wires and connecting this and that to here and there...but to be honest i'm just going to live without it...life's too short.

i love my rover - but it's far from perfect - so i won't fret over another minor disappointment

iGO8 works really well...although the supplied UK map didn't allow full postcode entry...which is rather dopey...but i kept my original sd for a backup and downloaded a newer map with 7 digit postcode access onto another sd along with some ripped movies of deputy dawg and the clash live in paris...will put some steptoe and son on there too, i daresay

i really didn't want a satnav with wires trailing across dashboards and suction pads clagged onto windscreens (as it happens - my cigar lighter hasn't worked since i bought the car anyway - so that wasn't much of an option)

so if you want a very large and very good satnav for your 75 that looks almost factory-fitted...one of the chinese units seems to be pretty much the only way to go...the fact that you can store thousands of mp3's and videos as well as watching dvds in addition to ye olde radio makes it pretty handy

bluetooth is another major plus...it will connect easily and route any phone calls through the unit to make calls with...it's ideal if you have any friends (i haven't fully tested this out yet) you can also stream music from mobile phones and play them through it too...quality is excellent...even when the music's rubbish

mine was from HUALINGAN...i paid £320 all in...i'd have to really recommend them - they handled everything excellently...

delivery took 7 days (...so the fried rice was cold...)

it flew across the world and whizzed through europe before hitting the buffers somewhat in the UK...DHL claimed to have attempted delivery when they absolutely did not...but hey - that's just one of the things that makes me so proud to be bRITISH

I'm very happy overall - and before criticising too much - it's worth bearing in mind how much a factory-fitted rover satnav with bluetooth/dvd etc etc would cost you...if you could find one...but if you're any kind of perfectionist...you should perhaps be aware of some drawbacks

Last edited by paulads; 15th February 2010 at 10:19..
Old 15th February 2010, 19:16   #567
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

it flew across the world and whizzed through europe before hitting the buffers somewhat in the UK...DHL claimed to have attempted delivery when they absolutely did not...but hey - that's just one of the things that makes me so proud to be bRITISH

How did you get it back from DHL ? Tracking reports that they attempted to deliver mine today but no card through the door, and no place I can find on their website to arrange a collection at a depot.
Old 15th February 2010, 21:12   #568
paulads
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post

How did you get it back from DHL ? Tracking reports that they attempted to deliver mine today but no card through the door, and no place I can find on their website to arrange a collection at a depot.
I phoned them using the 0844 2480844 number on their website 'contact us' page and told them that they definitely didn't attempt delivery when they claimed to - there was no card through my door either...which is a bit of a giveaway - and they said that the reason was actually that the driver didn't have time to deliver it (which of course isn't the same thing at all) so they would (re) deliver it the next day ASAP...it was out on the van for delivery around 10:15 on the thursday and they said delivery was attempted at 20:00 (not true) it was finally delivered to me at 15:20 on friday...
Old 16th February 2010, 10:42   #569
Mannie
Avid contributor

MGZT-T 260 Supercharged

Default Local help needed

OK, now, you have probably seen my posts on this regarding no or little TT sat nav voice volume. Well today I lost the volume from my right hand front speaker this resulted in me having to crank the balance right over to at least hear something out of that speaker and of course cranking the overall volume up on the whole system to balance it all out. The upshot is with the volume at this level (almost full) I can now hear the sat nav voice. I need help................................. is there some one local to Shirley B'ham who has one and can either help the unit or shoot me I don't care which at the mo. I am willing to to pay for the help so over to your good selves to put one of us out of our collective misery. Thanks in advance Martin

PS willing to travel some distance (if needs) to get the help I/we need
Volumes ok on both channels on the C/D??????????????
Old 16th February 2010, 11:05   #570
paulads
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie View Post
OK, now, you have probably seen my posts on this regarding no or little TT sat nav voice volume. Well today I lost the volume from my right hand front speaker this resulted in me having to crank the balance right over to at least hear something out of that speaker and of course cranking the overall volume up on the whole system to balance it all out. The upshot is with the volume at this level (almost full) I can now hear the sat nav voice. I need help................................. is there some one local to Shirley B'ham who has one and can either help the unit or shoot me I don't care which at the mo. I am willing to to pay for the help so over to your good selves to put one of us out of our collective misery. Thanks in advance Martin

PS willing to travel some distance (if needs) to get the help I/we need
Volumes ok on both channels on the C/D??????????????
is yours a HUALINGAN unit ? my guess would be a software problem..i know very little about fitting stereos,wiring etc...

is the volume fine through all speakers when playing music/dvds/radio etc ?

btw - have you tried igo8 on the unit ?

mine works great...and i prefer it to the tomtom6 i was running on my htc touch diamond...
Closed Thread