Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2012, 07:11   #511
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
To be fair, he didn't buy a kit from me. He only wanted to purchase the springs and make the other bits himself
Therein lies a lesson then.......
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 08:32   #512
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Or partially seized hinges!

Have you lubed the pivot points, as it's very strange that your's appears to be the only boot they won't open!
There is nothing wrong with my hinges my car has two spoilers and I got some of the first spring so if they were changed to heavier ones later mine are not them, and I was not complaining about them I was merely saying if anyone at the metrocenter wants them I'll swap for some normal struts as they don't work for me
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 09:41   #513
Stewbacca
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

Returned from a short business trip to Germany and found my kit waiting for on arrival and like a kid at Xmas attacked the packaging with gusto and managed to fling the smaller components everywhere within a 30 foot radius. Luckily I was able to find everything.

Steve, to avoid anyone else suffering my "bull in china shop" syndrome do you want some small sealable bags in order to keep all the smaller bits together as per photo.

If you do PM me your address and I'll get a 100 or so off in the post to you, gratis of course, as a little thank you for all your hard work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bag 001 New.jpg (77.8 KB, 29 views)
Stewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 09:58   #514
thechrism
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Recieved mine and fitted and work awesome Steve.

I painted the springs and metal washer bits satin black and it all blends in as if it's all supposed to be there.
thechrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 10:29   #515
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrism View Post
Recieved mine and fitted and work awesome Steve.

I painted the springs and metal washer bits satin black and it all blends in as if it's all supposed to be there.
Exactly what I'm going to do to mine!

Thank god it's pay day tomorrow!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 15:05   #516
paulmariner
Avid contributor

75 CDTi Connie Auto tourer 54 160 re-map

quick delivery and fitted today in under 15 mins. Thanks Steve

Oh, and by the way, yes it is that Paul Mariner of Ipswich Town. I still have my season ticket and just wish he still played!!!!!!!!!!!
paulmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 16:00   #517
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmariner View Post
quick delivery and fitted today in under 15 mins. Thanks Steve

Oh, and by the way, yes it is that Paul Mariner of Ipswich Town. I still have my season ticket and just wish he still played!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought so. I used to go and watch all their home games many years ago. Mick mills, Arnold muhren, etc etc, and the great Bobby Robson in charge
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 16:12   #518
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

Black Rover 75 Connie CDT and Twilight Chromactive ZT Turbo

If I was to make any comment on the springs, (and it's not because I'm unhappy, anything but), it would be they are possibly very slightly over tensioned. Not by a lot, but I could def launch something sizable, quite a distance
blacknwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 16:25   #519
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
If I was to make any comment on the springs, (and it's not because I'm unhappy, anything but), it would be they are possibly very slightly over tensioned. Not by a lot, but I could def launch something sizable, quite a distance
That's a fair comment mate I did initially start off with some slightly weaker springs, but they wouldn't work 100% of the time, so I never sent any out. These springs give 6.4 N/mm. The initial ones were 5.2 N/mm. The length of the spacer and the plastic washer was also critical. The problem was the initial inertia required to get the boot to a point in which the strut can take over. A boot with no struts weighs an awful lot
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 18:29   #520
blacknwhite
Posted a thing or two

Black Rover 75 Connie CDT and Twilight Chromactive ZT Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
That's a fair comment mate I did initially start off with some slightly weaker springs, but they wouldn't work 100% of the time, so I never sent any out. These springs give 6.4 N/mm. The initial ones were 5.2 N/mm. The length of the spacer and the plastic washer was also critical. The problem was the initial inertia required to get the boot to a point in which the strut can take over. A boot with no struts weighs an awful lot
That's exactly the problem Steve - overcoming the initial inertia. It takes 90% of the potential energy to get movement underway and only 10% to maintain it. Due to the hinge design, there is little room for error. The springs will "slacken off" over time and through use though.

Meanwhile, I look forward to the catapult challenges soon to be a regular event during North East meets.
blacknwhite is offline   Reply With Quote