Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2006, 08:28   #41
Spôôk
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Conn. SE

Personally I think they have done an OK job with the design. The outside changes are minor, but important. They have increased the boot height and managed a decent desing. The front design changes are small both in the "standard" and "executive" version, but I quite nice. They have increased the length for better space in the back (note interior picture), and the changes are pleasant.
BTW I don't recall seing the "standard" version pictures in here!
So here it is:

Spôôk
Old 6th November 2006, 09:29   #42
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spôôk View Post
Personally I think they have done an OK job with the design. The outside changes are minor, but important. They have increased the boot height and managed a decent desing. The front design changes are small both in the "standard" and "executive" version, but I quite nice. They have increased the length for better space in the back (note interior picture), and the changes are pleasant.
So here it is:

Spôôk

I think you'd have to see one for real to get a really accurate impression. The fluted boot lines look a bit Volvo-ish to me.
Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 11:21   #43
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Ford have bought it to take it out of circulation, thus protecting the Land Rover brand.
Not necessarily there are noises of a small prestige car that may use the name rather than being a baby Jag

Time will tell though.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 11:46   #44
SCOTTY1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 CDT CONN SE (MANUAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spôôk View Post
So here it is:

Spôôk
I really like that, it even has the same wheels as I've fitted to my car

Scotty1
ROVER 75 CDT CONN SE (MANUAL)
SCOTTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 12:01   #45
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Have we got any pictures of real cars (plural) not just one and not of all these very photoshopped looking cars

Where are the details of colour and trim options for example

I have not read anything about production lines etc so where has this Roewe come from?

Or am I jumping the gun?
Old 6th November 2006, 12:17   #46
Rincewind
Loves to post

MINI Cooper S Works (Superchardged not Turbo!)

I think that I've mentioned it on a few other sites, but as an ex-MGR man, I do actually quite like what they've done to the car. I'm not 100% there with the big chrome grille as I think that they've gone a tad too far with it over "our" original "Premium" grille. However, it's not too bad and I'm sure that it'll grow on me. I like the none chrome grill and I'm quite taken with the updated interior.

It's not quite where the MGR version of the update was going but never the less, it's freshened the interior up quite well I think.

The back end also looks quite purposeful I think.

it will be interesting to see what arrives and how it is perceived by the motoring pundits and the buying public.

Nic

The difference is, when you shout, "Where's my clean socks?", no-one answers

MGR stories, MGR help and advice all available at no extra cost !

The Two Sixties - it's a V8 thing ... Honorary Member and Puddle of V8/4/6cyl Knowledge et al.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come see who I work for at www.vca.gov.uk without us, the world would be a right mess!
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 12:22   #47
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

I agree Nic. The unanswered questions for me are around material and build quality and panel fit. I do hope they understand their importance.
Old 6th November 2006, 12:59   #48
Rincewind
Loves to post

MINI Cooper S Works (Superchardged not Turbo!)

Well if NAC are beginning to understand the importance of build quality, customer perception of the "brand" then I hope that SAIC are also beginning to understand it.

We've seen the "quality" of Chinese vehicle in the past and also I see them here at work and sometime they do leave a lot to be desired. I hope that they have used the current vehicles NVH packages (well possible pre DRIVE anyway) and applied them as simply just copying things will not be good enough in my eyes.

I've seen and felt what copied engine mounts can do to a car and my 2005 25 diesel is not as refined compared to my wifes cousins 2000 25 diesel with "proper" engine mounts on.

Time will tell but they seem to be getting a positive feel from the masses.

The difference is, when you shout, "Where's my clean socks?", no-one answers

MGR stories, MGR help and advice all available at no extra cost !

The Two Sixties - it's a V8 thing ... Honorary Member and Puddle of V8/4/6cyl Knowledge et al.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come see who I work for at www.vca.gov.uk without us, the world would be a right mess!
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 10:22   #49
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Bump

see post 49
Old 7th November 2006, 16:33   #50
gert
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 man.

Here is the answer from Shanghai:

Hi Gert,

Thanks for your message.
My experience with a R75: I have had two. One Diesel which I sold (just on time) at 155000km and a V6 full options which I kept after 150000km (I gave it later to my best friend when I came to live in China and I can still use it if I come back for a vacation). This last has cost me the eyes after 150000 km (not a single problem before though): Airco, auto gearbox, suspension, and finally the engine (I must reckon it was running on LPG).
To come back to the Roewe: I only have the impression it is better built than the Rover, only based on my eyes and my touch. It doesn’t have some small details unfinished like I used to know.
But I agree, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So nobody knows now.
However: everything is possible in China. I have a scooter and if they build a car like that, it won’t go very far. But I also have a Buick, made in Shanghai and it is very solid car. I will soon buy a Honda Odyssey (made in Guangzhou) and everybody says it is a very good car here.
SAIC has a good experience in building the Buick and Chevrolets, why aren’t they capable to build a very good car ? (by the way the engines will be GM I think: 1.8 T, V6 and I saw a hybrid version –it’s written on it but I don’t know what’s under the bonnet – I do know GM has launched the technology).
Another example: Brilliance assembles BMW and also build a very good 100% Chinese car here (people say, called the Zhongua)); so they are not all like the Landwind.
Having said that I don’t think the Chinese will ever equal the best brands in conquering the markets because they started too late (the Japs started in the 60’s and are only recently at the top). Also because they rely too much on foreign technology. They cannot really innovate.

I will send you the pics also,

Best regards,

JPG
Shanghai

No further comments at the moment...

Regards

Gert
gert is offline   Reply With Quote