Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2014, 20:26   #41
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi all
I am well aware of the limitations involved

But in business you cannot afford to upset customers like that, they should have bent over backwards to rectify the mistake at no cost ( fuel or other wise )to the customer

Most people cannot afford a spare set of wheels (shouldn't have to )
This member was devastated when he saw the wheels and from seeing and participating in the original post I can understand his frustration

Luckily the forum members gave support when it was needed

Each to his own

Not for me
Regards
Steve
I agree it must have been a very frustrating experience, and no doubt had I been in that posiiton, I would have felt the same at first, but I don't entirely agree with " the business cannot afford to upset customers like that, they should have bent over backwards to rectify the mistake at no cost ( fuel or other wise )to the customer ".

A customer chooses to travel that distance for a service, not the business. This was done because even with the initial travel costs involved, the price for powder coating is incredibly competitive.

To carry out the rectification of this error would have obviously meant another full refurbishment. To get that done in 8 hours must be a fair challenge, especially if the company has to deal with mistakes that are obviously unplanned, whilst trying to maintain current deadlines.

I would say that as annoying as it is, they can afford for a small number of customers to be dissatisfied with the service, given they are clearly flat out all the time, and can't afford to pay out a greater amount in fuel or inconvenience costs, for a customer that has decided to travel that distance in the first place.

I did very nearly end up driving all the way to them myself to collect my wheels on an agreed date, and was just about to leave after not being able to get an answer on the phone. Fortunately they called me back within a few minutes to let me know the job was delayed by a week, otherwise I admit I might not have been so eager to write the above.

You pays your money, you takes your chance.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 20:39   #42
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I was discussing a "Chrome" finish with my local powdercoaters, (whatever next) & he told me you cannot get a true chrome finish yet, as the finish is lost as soon as you apply laquer, so some people leave the chrome finish, err, unfinished He is perfecting the process at the moment, so, guess who the guinea pig is
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 20:57   #43
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

A mate has just had his Lotus Excel wheels powdercoated in an 'almost-chrome' finish. They actually look like highly polished ally, very convincing from a car-length away- its only when close up that you can tell its an applied finish.

Pete
Old 9th October 2014, 22:57   #44
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Apex View Post
The statement he made wasn't his statement, it's mark2000cc's from a while back
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi all
I am well aware of the limitations involved

But in business you cannot afford to upset customers like that, they should have bent over backwards to rectify the mistake at no cost ( fuel or other wise )to the customer

Most people cannot afford a spare set of wheels (shouldn't have to )
This member was devastated when he saw the wheels and from seeing and participating in the original post I can understand his frustration

Luckily the forum members gave support when it was needed

Each to his own

Not for me
Regards
Steve
My exact thoughts when I read this, that can not be the OP statement then read it and realised it was an old post.

Steve without getting in to a argument and battle with you or any other member as you know there are two sides to any story always best to have both sides, or at least a true version of the story.

The above post and what happened was not how it went down I am sorry to say, quite the opposite in fact.

Early bird catches the worm comes to mind, also punctuality is always best especially in the case referred to, it sometimes make me wonder why people can not just be truthful, as sometimes honesty is the best policy, shame really as the case above could have been sorted out very easy not much more to say on the subject. Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 04:48   #45
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
My exact thoughts when I read this, that can not be the OP statement then read it and realised it was an old post.

Steve without getting in to a argument and battle with you or any other member as you know there are two sides to any story always best to have both sides, or at least a true version of the story.

The above post and what happened was not how it went down I am sorry to say, quite the opposite in fact.

Early bird catches the worm comes to mind, also punctuality is always best especially in the case referred to, it sometimes make me wonder why people can not just be truthful, as sometimes honesty is the best policy, shame really as the case above could have been sorted out very easy not much more to say on the subject. Arctic
Hi Artic
As with all forum posts / replies you can only comment on the information given!
I am not here to judge, I have no doubt in my mind that they (cpc) do a fantastic job on the majority of wheels.
It's when things go wrong the problems start.

No argument from me
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 07:10   #46
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Just a quick question, can wheels be refurbished with 2 pack paint and lacquer ??
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 07:55   #47
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
Just a quick question, can wheels be refurbished with 2 pack paint and lacquer ??
Yes, but they will get damaged quicker if you use 2 pack lacquer, PU lacquer would be better, stoving lacquer is the best!
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote