Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2011, 21:08   #41
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

By eck, we have a super injunction in place, has Ryan Giggs been selling Rover 75 parts too?
Old 8th June 2011, 21:13   #42
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
By eck, we have a super injunction in place, has Ryan Giggs been selling Rover 75 parts too?
I'm afraid I can't comment on that.

Oh fudge nuts.....
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:14   #43
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

I have read this full thread from first post. today is the first time I noticed thread. I'm a trader here and this is my opinion for what its worth, this is an outrage the way Paul has been treated and for so long. there can be no valid reason for the seller not to fully refund this about say a week after paul made payment IMO. if item had been sent as claimed {doughtfull imo} after a week it is obviously lost and automaticly is sellers responsability to find it as Paul the buyer did not loose it.
I feel we the members have a right to know who this seller is so that any repeat of this can be avoided meantime I and no dought other folk who read this will be terified to buy anything untill this is resolved.
IMO as a trader I would expect to be named and shamed for this. this is why I have a feedback thread so there is a place for my buyers to post honest feedback about my performance as a seller for all to read. Tam.
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:21   #44
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Don't hold your breath! I bought items from a highly respected member on here, in my view the items were inferior and NOT suitable for purpose. He categorically denied me a refund, saying hundreds of others were satisfied. I returned them, he sent me more, I returned them again. Then they went missing. I was £50 down with no way back. I swallowed it as I had no other choice and didn't want the distasteful situation of a paypal dispute. But I won't be doing it again. Not with him anyway. The moderator was patient and helpful but unable to intervene under the club constitution. The seller is still selling. And no, I will not divulge names. I'm neither an idiot trouble maker nor an uneducated beginner. I know what I have a right to expect, but I hate unpleasantness. Sorry, it still rankles.
I see your point here about unpleasantness and please dont take this the wrong way. however due to you letting seller away with your £50 and keeping quiet about it. he/she is still a {highly respected member as you put it} free to do this trick again and again to members which you must agree is wrong infact only you can change this. as far as we know anyway right
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 22:09   #45
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

I thank you for your words of concern Rotrex,but rest assured the team are doing their upmost to resolve this situation and any updates will be posted on this thread.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 22:16   #46
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
I thank you for your words of concern Rotrex,but rest assured the team are doing their upmost to resolve this situation and any updates will be posted on this thread.
I think he is referring to Wraymond's probs not the op's.....
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:16   #47
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotrex View Post
I see your point here about unpleasantness and please dont take this the wrong way. however due to you letting seller away with your £50 and keeping quiet about it. he/she is still a {highly respected member as you put it} free to do this trick again and again to members which you must agree is wrong infact only you can change this. as far as we know anyway right
Yes, you are right of course. But I did involve a moderator after all. And there was nothing that could be done under the club constitution. To divulge the name of the person would have provoked an uproar against me as the person is VERY highly respected with MANY satisfied customers. I was on very thin ice in the face of the number of apparently opposite views, but still believe I was entitled to a refund and very unlikely to get it. All my correspondence with the person was via pm and all in the most courteous of terms on my part. I therefore felt obliged to maintain that discretion. Old fashioned I know, but essential, in my view. I agree it is wrong to shield this person, but again (in my view) not me that's wrong but the constitution. A rather sad welcome to this club for me.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:20   #48
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi What if this seller is also selling on ebay and we do not know his/their name is the club not in a postion that it needs to protect all it's members. As you say you payed by paypal but it was purchased from a seller on this site. am i wrong in thinking that 75andztclub is a middle man in such as allowing this person to sell on here. There are people whom would like to sell items but are not allowed under certain rules ie you have to be a trader etc whom may well deal in a better maner than this but cannot . where is this buyers protection.

To qualify for Buyer Protection the item needs to have been purchased on eBay.

If you did not complete an eBay transaction, but did pay by PayPal you may be eligible to file a claim under PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy.

PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy offers protection for purchases on or off eBay that are not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

You can file disputes for Items Not Received (INR), or for items that are Significantly Not as Described (SNAD). However, recovery of any amounts is not guaranteed and is limited to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s account, even if PayPal makes a final decision in your favor.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:23   #49
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Yes, you are right of course. But I did involve a moderator after all. And there was nothing that could be done under the club constitution. To divulge the name of the person would have provoked an uproar against me as the person is VERY highly respected with MANY satisfied customers. I was on very thin ice in the face of the number of apparently opposite views, but still believe I was entitled to a refund and very unlikely to get it. All my correspondence with the person was via pm and all in the most courteous of terms on my part. I therefore felt obliged to maintain that discretion. Old fashioned I know, but essential, in my view. I agree it is wrong to shield this person, but again (in my view) not me that's wrong but the constitution. A rather sad welcome to this club for me.
Highly respected or not this should not happen in any walk of life let alone on a site that we have all joined to help each other out, what is going on and why ?????

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 23:34   #50
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Highly respected or not this should not happen in any walk of life let alone on a site that we have all joined to help each other out, what is going on and why ?????
Just to make absolutely sure that there is no misunderstanding, I have no problem with the club, nor the excellent moderator I contacted. I am perfectly happy with the way my request for advice from a moderator was handled and that there was nothing in any way underhanded about any official dealings. To reiterate, I remain of the opinion that I was shabbily treated by the person, and that person only, from whom I bought the items. And now, I've lost enough sleep already.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote