Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2008, 22:43   #481
Freeway
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Well done Crofts

Hi Crofts, Been away for a while so only just caught up with the recent posting frenzy - it's taken me a while to try and work out what's going on and where you confirm/ pay for your order.

I was number 17 on the original list (Freeway) but I gather I've missed out on the initial 50 sets now. Can you let me know how I go about registering for the second list as I am still very interested and from the pictures you've posted they look absolutely mint and far superior than the plastic originals.

From what I've read we need to wait for a confirmation from you that we are down for the order and then receive a PM from you with the PayPal link (which would be my preferred option for ease). Am I on the right track?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19th January 2008, 23:06   #482
SMC Trading
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
Hi Crofts, Been away for a while so only just caught up with the recent posting frenzy - it's taken me a while to try and work out what's going on and where you confirm/ pay for your order.

I was number 17 on the original list (Freeway) but I gather I've missed out on the initial 50 sets now. Can you let me know how I go about registering for the second list as I am still very interested and from the pictures you've posted they look absolutely mint and far superior than the plastic originals.

From what I've read we need to wait for a confirmation from you that we are down for the order and then receive a PM from you with the PayPal link (which would be my preferred option for ease). Am I on the right track?
A link to click-and-pay will be available in 2 weeks or so for the next batch of 50, there is no need to start yet another list
Old 20th January 2008, 00:31   #483
Freeway
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
A link to click-and-pay will be available in 2 weeks or so for the next batch of 50, there is no need to start yet another list
Thanks for that SMC Trading. Will the "click and pay" be in this thread or as a PM? Also, will it be on a first come first served basis as there will be no list this time?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20th January 2008, 00:38   #484
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I believe this is mentioned in Earlier Posts, but as there is 484 Posts on here,
But it will Be on a First Come and First Paid for the Next 50 then closed again.
I'm sure when Crofts is Back on he will Inform everyone of System after first 50 Sorted if I have missed what is already Posted.
Old 20th January 2008, 09:52   #485
Freeway
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
I believe this is mentioned in Earlier Posts, but as there is 484 Posts on here,
But it will Be on a First Come and First Paid for the Next 50 then closed again.
I'm sure when Crofts is Back on he will Inform everyone of System after first 50 Sorted if I have missed what is already Posted.
Many thanks - I'll try and be patient then and keep my eyes open. It's difficult though when they looked so good - can't wait to get some for my car for that finishing touch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20th January 2008, 10:56   #486
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Door Finishers

Quote:
Correct John. Many thanks.
Hope my explanation below will clarify why we will post up a Paypal link for the 2nd.50. First come etc.

It would appear that many members on the original list have 'given up' on watching the Door Finisher thread or, perhaps, have sold their car or now don't require a set.
Trying to be fair and going by the list did not work. Only 7 of the first 50 (actualy 54) responded and confirmed they still required a set.
When it was thrown open for members to confirm (wherever they were on the list) I could only get 41 names
and to tie things up offered the remaining 9 sets on .org.
Of the 41 a few paid immediatly but I had great difficulty
PM'ing, emailing, watching the thread, posting up reminders etc. that it required much effort.
With 3 members remaining I delayed placing the order, asking them to respond by 22.00 Saturday.
None responded.
I then offered the 3 sets to the first members that confirmed they would be 'standing by'. As at 11.45 Sunday I have not heard from any of them, and after Les very kindly, 'PMed' them with the Paypal button at 10.30ish last night.
Only 1 member cancelled his allocated set very early on.
I WILL place the order tomorrow, meeting the cost myself for the shortage to sort out later.
Old 20th January 2008, 11:04   #487
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

It must be very frustrating for you, Crofts, trying to collect the payments. I'm sure you thought all the hard work was done once the manufacturing was sorted out .

Its not right that you have to stump up for the remaining sets yourself, although I'm sure you will have no trouble selling them on.

Edit: Just had a thought - will it be possible to purchase just one finisher as a spare at some stage in the future? Just as a backup in case of accident/loss/theft etc?

Last edited by CDTi; 20th January 2008 at 11:06..
Old 20th January 2008, 11:08   #488
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Only if you can find three other Purchasers!
Old 20th January 2008, 11:12   #489
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Just to echo what Has been said already Dave, Many thanks for all your efforts. I imagine you may be quite drunk at the national meeting and yet somehow not spend a single penny

Now, How are you on walnut and sandstone steering wheels

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 20th January 2008, 11:26   #490
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Only if you can find three other Purchasers!
A simple solution

Closed Thread