Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2016, 19:22   #471
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Believe me - you are not alone.

If it were predictable there would be no need for a lottery (Euro or otherwise )

Seriously the markets follow trends but anyone that says they are predictable is talking.........................

Damn - there is that T word again....
I think some people are confusing the presiction of the market overall with predicting teh value of individual stocks.

"T word" - some of us have moved onto looking for BS by bucketloads!
Old 11th June 2016, 19:53   #472
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

[QUOTE=Polly;2308539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
But they are Polly. Schauble, German Finance
Think you misunderstood my post,... That was a quote😀
And seems to be the basis of the IN campaigns case.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, I know Polly! It underlines the many artful dodges by so many Remainders. It's quite odd how continuing evidence about the shambles in the EU is studiously ignored but intemperate claims based on supposition are broadcast.

The first targets for the Blue Pencil are Agriculture and Fishing, staple industries that have been decimated because of the collective dogma from yesterday's men and repeatedly to UK detriment. Now's the time to buy a holiday home on the North East coast! When the fishing fleet gets back on it's feet it'll be like Aberdeen all over again!
Old 11th June 2016, 20:13   #473
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
But they are Polly. Schauble, German Finance Director, yesterday!

Being kind, I'll suggest you don't actually know what the single market is.

"Single market rules require the free movement from one EU member country to another of goods, people, services and capital"

i.e. no constraints or tariffs.

Schauble said we won't have access to the single market, hence in the event of a Leave vote, the UK and EU will have to agree the terms of the divorce including tariffs etc. In the mean time trade will continue as before (I think) until an agreement is forced upon us, possibly under WTO rules.

So please stop claiming the In camp is saying all trade with the EU will stop. This is untrue.
Old 11th June 2016, 20:35   #474
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Schauble said we won't have access to the single market, hence in the event of a Leave vote, the UK and EU will have to agree the terms of the divorce including tariffs etc. In the mean time trade will continue as before (I think) until an agreement is forced upon us, possibly under WTO rules.
He's one voice, he has an opinion and it's respectable. However it's not up to him, should we leave, what sort of trading agreements we'd have.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 11th June 2016, 20:46   #475
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
He's one voice, he has an opinion and it's respectable. However it's not up to him, should we leave, what sort of trading agreements we'd have.
I only cited him as someone else did, incorrectly in the context of the single market.

In the context you've mentioned him, I guess he is one voice. But I suspect what he says is indicative of what other EU nations will think when it comes to a post Brexit vote. And there's no way in the world the EU will let us have free trade without paying or signing up to all the other gubbins that the other members do, so tariffs seem inevitable to me.
Old 11th June 2016, 20:55   #476
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Being kind, I'll suggest you don't actually know what the single market is.

"Single market rules require the free movement from one EU member country to another of goods, people, services and capital"

i.e. no constraints or tariffs.

So please stop claiming the In camp is saying all trade with the EU will stop. This is untrue.

You are saying that trade with EU won't stop, that's fine, we all agree with that, but if it doesn't stop, by how much will it be reduced? why will leaving cost every household £4300 per annum? I've not done the calculation, but sounds like a considerable sum if multiplied by the number of households in Britain.

Old 11th June 2016, 20:59   #477
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
And there's no way in the world the EU will let us have free trade without paying or signing up to all the other gubbins that the other members do, so tariffs seem inevitable to me.
I think if we do leave, i think we'll sign up to a common/single market and we'll pay to have that. Just my opinion

Last edited by Dragrad; 11th June 2016 at 23:57.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Old 11th June 2016, 21:15   #478
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I think if we do leave, i think we'll sign up to a common/single market and we'll pay to have that. Just my opinion

On the basis that the present government is hell bent on keeping us in, I suspect you might be correct. Kind of defeats the point of leaving, however that's not the question on the ballot paper.

Old 11th June 2016, 21:30   #479
Robespierre
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default EU Vote

It's getting a bit nasty done here near and in London, especially with the vote "Stay" mob. You get ambushed at stations and at bus stopes with leaflets and badges, and if you walk away they follow trying to get your attention.

I have been working in international trade for too many years. Some time back the EU pumped Billions into Eastern Europe, with the usual explanation that it would bring more trade to us ( The EU that is) . No way!. It costs us here in the UK 2 or 3 times the amount to transport our goods into Eastern Europe than it does from Germany / France / Poland. We are at a disadvantage being stuck out in the North Sea, bringing in Eastern Europe was to the advantage of mainly Germany .

Years ago we had EFTA ( European Free Trade Agreement) which worked fine,
but that was too small for the Euro Bureaucrats , we now have a bloated organisation of over paid politicians and civil servants meddling in our day to day lives,and costing us a fortune . please out !!

Denis
Old 11th June 2016, 21:30   #480
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
On the basis that the present government is hell bent on keeping us in, I suspect you might be correct. Kind of defeats the point of leaving, however that's not the question on the ballot paper
I don't think it matters which government is in I think it's just the way things are. Nearly all the countries in Europe are in the common or single market, in effect a formal trading relationship (plus a bit more) but there must be something in it or all the countries outside the eu, but in europe, wouldn't do it.

Closed Thread