Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2014, 12:15   #471
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

I know you intend to have a group photo of the remaining launch cars paul and I had a thought that as Gatekeeper will be at Gaydon with the £rd oldest V6 pre launch car wouldnt it be nice to include LJW in the pic phil doesnt know I am posting this but I think be nice for him to be part of
the shoot.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 12:28   #472
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
What do you mean?

If your parking up with the club, you will be marshalled to our area which is on a Tarmac car park surface facing the museum building. Those not parking as part of our club meet will have to use the general car parking area.

We will park folk up 'as they come' rather than group 75s and ZTs separately or tourers and saloons etc.
That is exactly what I mean will I be directed to an area with people that I know.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 15:05   #473
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

You will just be pointed in the same direction Julien as everyone else when you arrive, like I said as you come through you are parked sequentially it would be impossible to reserve a spot next to your friend for when they arrive with over 100 cars all turning up in one go.

This is the way we have operated in previous meets and it has proven to be very popular with the membership. We used to separate all 75 saloons, with 75 tourers and all ZTs with ZT-Ts and V8's again, but the feedback kept coming that groups who had conveyed up as friends together got separated.

Mike, Phil will have seen your post so not so much of a surprise if I respond here.

Let's see on the day shall we......
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 15:33   #474
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default Park

Quote:
You will just be pointed in the same direction Julien as everyone else when you arrive, like I said as you come through you are parked sequentially it would be impossible to reserve a spot next to your friend for when they arrive with over 100 cars all turning up in one go.

This is the way we have operated in previous meets and it has proven to be very popular with the membership. We used to separate all 75 saloons, with 75 tourers and all ZTs with ZT-Ts and V8's again, but the feedback kept coming that groups who had conveyed up as friends together got separated.

Mike, Phil will have seen your post so not so much of a surprise if I respond here.

Let's see on the day shall we......
Paul why are you so defensive you know we'll what I mean I did not expect a reserved parking place all I meant was it would have been nice to have been pointed to our area group. If not so be it.
Julien
Old 4th April 2014, 15:37   #475
Reebs
Owners Club Director

I don't believe I'm being defensive Julien? I'm just unclear about what you are asking and I'm trying to be as thorough in my replies as I can. What do you mean by area group please?
Old 4th April 2014, 17:14   #476
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default grouping

Quote:
I don't believe I'm being defensive Julien? I'm just unclear about what you are asking and I'm trying to be as thorough in my replies as I can. What do you mean by area group please?
Paul I belong to the London and South East region, all I am asking is will we be put into our regions with people we know or are we being parked on a first come basis, I should have said people I know from the South E Region meets.

Julien
Old 4th April 2014, 18:44   #477
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Ah, I've got you now Julien. No, sadly not. With the numbers of cars all arriving at once and not wanting to make a huge long queue of folk waiting while we streamed cars to different regional sections, it's not ideal.

If you are traveling in a group convoy then of course you'd all arrive together consecutively, or maybe arrange to meet up just outside of the entrance and come in as a group together?
Old 4th April 2014, 19:36   #478
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

I am sorry to say I will not be able to make POL or Gayden, can you please amend the attendance list please. I was really looking forward to both meets, and catching up with members.

My car is currently not road worthy, the MOT ran out last week. The car has been off the road for the last 3 weeks, because the head needs repairing. I have been let down by the mechanics in Derby, so I am not a happy chappy at the moment.
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 19:39   #479
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony & Maricel View Post
I am sorry to say I will not be able to make POL or Gayden, can you please amend the attendance list please. I was really looking forward to both meets, and catching up with members.

My car is currently not road worthy, the MOT ran out last week. The car has been off the road for the last 3 weeks, because the head needs repairing. I have been let down by the mechanics in Derby, so I am not a happy chappy at the moment.

Sorry you are having problems Anthony, hope she gets better soon.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 19:56   #480
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony & Maricel View Post

Gutted for the both of you, was looking forward to catching up again!
Hope It's sorted soon and we will catch up another time