Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2016, 21:20   #401
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
It may or may not be fantasy - although I can see why you would want to label it thus.

The BCC had a view - and its leader had another. He was given an ultimatum - change or resign.

Jeremy Corbyn has been anti EU for almost his entire political career and then he was forced to change when he became Labour Leader. Is it fantasy that Corbyn has been leant on by those with vested interest?

Now I am certainly not saying that there was any pressure on Corbyn other than that of his own party. And there are times when you see him that you cam almost taste his discomfort.

So where does political reality and fantasy merge?

If you had told me a week ago that John Major and Tony Blair would be wandering about politically hand in hand on the issue I would have said that was fantasy.

John Major of ERM 12% BoE Base Rate fame proved he will do anything to brown nose up to Europe - Even walk the walk with Tony Blair it seems.

And back to Corbyn saying one thing whilst his body language suggests another

Those with a vested interest in not rocking the boat don't always say what they really feel.
Again, no discussion about the In/Out issues, just your conjecture about why people are on the side they are. Maybe, it's because they believe in the evidence being put forward for that side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
There will be big changes whether we stay or leave, the thing is if we stay those changes will be completely out of the UK's control and certain to cost the UK dearly. We will be a captive audience to do with as the EU pleases.
Not sure why there will be big changes if we leave?

One thing to remember is if there's a Leave vote, there will follow years of negotiations on how the split is to take place. There will be horse trading on what happens to UK citizens that want (and already do) work in the EU, and vice versa, and just about everything else. So I think it's very ambitious to claim a Leave vote gets total control, it won't, it gets the right to negotiate about terms and conditions, not all of which will be good for the UK.

And it's easy to imagine that after ten years of arguing a deal is agreed in which we follow the Norway model, which requires us to pay to have access to the market. How well would that go down, still paying the EU!!

Last edited by Dragrad; 9th June 2016 at 23:27.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Old 9th June 2016, 22:41   #402
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts
Default Who is this?

And why isn't he wearing a seatbelt?

It doesn't look right and is a major gaffe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1799.jpg (129.1 KB, 13 views)

🏓
Old 9th June 2016, 23:16   #403
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I’ve just watched the ITV debate live. What a shower of harridans the Remainders were. Shouting, rude pointy fingers, personal insults, interruptions and failing to give way when asked to by the chair. ’Get Boris’ was the order of the day and he of course, along with the others on that side, took it good naturedly.

The Leave side were well mannered, did not insult the other side and shut up when told to do so. The Macbeth three witches tried to strike terror into the audience minds but failed dismally.

Sturgeon, Rudd and Eagle were just about the worst advocates the Remainders could have put up, changing the question into anything other than what was asked by a largely genuine audience. It was embarrassing and Etchingham was to some degree ineffective in controlling it.

Have to say, I was quite surprised. I was expecting the Leave side to be weak and defensive without the likes of Farage but they were measured, well briefed and confident. Angela Leadsom and Gisela Stuart were excellent. Remain side did themselves no good at all.

Last edited by wraymond; 9th June 2016 at 23:20..
Old 9th June 2016, 23:43   #404
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
If the OUT vote wins the day, how long after before it happens?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Anybody's guess. Possibly minimum two years? For the upper limit see post 359.
Still plenty of time then for the transport system to completely grind to a halt,housing to become even more expensive and in demand,and a months wait for a doctors appointment.No doubt Brussels have told us it will be a minimum of two years!

Old 10th June 2016, 01:14   #405
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

I came upon this....

Seems to be some lack of confidence amongst member states

And this may be a potential issue to the referendum....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg4g...ature=youtu.be

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 10th June 2016 at 01:29.. Reason: New link added.....
Old 10th June 2016, 05:08   #406
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I can't quite bring myself to watch one of those tv debates. I end up thinking that I should but i just think it'll turn into a slanging match with few facts. Reading here i was probably right not to have bothered with any of them so far. I wonder how popular they actually are?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 10th June 2016, 05:19   #407
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I can't quite bring myself to watch one of those tv debates. I end up thinking that I should but i just think it'll turn into a slanging match with few facts. Reading here i was probably right not to have bothered with any of them so far. I wonder how popular they actually are?
What is also interesting is that these debates are not screened by the BBC, CNN or Aljazeera here in Kenya, even though the BBC has an office in Nairobi.

Anyway, I can get completely unbiased updates via this thread .....yeah right!
Old 10th June 2016, 06:27   #408
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

To be honest I'm just getting annoyed and fed up with the whole thing. I couldn't watch question time as all of the participants were awful. The debates are all posturing and nobody really say anything other than we are doomed irrespective of the outcome.

Roll on 24th.
Old 10th June 2016, 09:39   #409
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Bit of coverage on the fact that if we are going to have decent borders with the EU we'll need to build a decent fence across Ireland, and if Scotland stay in, across the border there too.
Price worth paying? Thoughts?
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
Old 10th June 2016, 10:19   #410
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Scotland can't 'stay in' if the UK come out .
Closed Thread